FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingWilbur119

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Incubus Live! Reply with quote

I recently saw Incubus Live at The mighty Palace of Auburn Hills, MI. The trip up from my hometown took about an hour, and i drank 2 40oz. and smoked about 3 bowls with some freinds. Needless to say by the time we arrived i was pretty sloppy. Incubus started off with "Megalomaniac" and the place was going absolutly bonkers. The band also was going crazy. I was loving it. I'm not sure of the excat setlist. The best part tho, was when Jose had like a 5 minute drum solo, but at the same time Ben (the bassist) was playing on a smaller kit, and Brandon was on a single drum, that was insane. Brandon also played guitar on a few ACLOTM songs. They even played a song i've NEVER heard before it sounded new. (I've been to 3 concerts and have all their CD's so im assuming its new) All in all it was the best live they've ever been and it kicked ass.

Anybody else there?

Now Playing "Megalomaniac"
turntable kungfu
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was probably pantomime that you heard. and take it to "That Side of the Floor"
Bonbag
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

probably Pantomime or Crowded Elevator if you don't have When Incubus Attacks 1 or the Scream 3 soundtrack
antigravity47
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

I drove from chicago to go the the two michigan shows. they were both unbelievable- some of the best shows i've ever been too.

i met kilmore and jose after grand rapids, and asked kilmore to play crowded elevator at detroit because that song means the world to me. he was so cool and wrote it down on his hand and everything.

detroit show was awesome because me and my friends were having the most intense dance party. we were all over the place. people just kinda stepped back and gave us our space. haha.

anyways, as the show progressed i started getting upset because they hadn't played crowded elevator. i dont know why i was so sad b/c i knew how possible it was that kilmore just forgot but i just have been waiting to hear that song live for 3-4 years..... and then the second song of the encore i hear the beginning beats and COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT! if you saw a brown haired girl wearing a green elton john shit dancing like a maniac and practically having a siezure.. lol... that was me. most of the people behind me werent moving or singing along i started jumping really high and singing along... and kilmore saw me, tapped his chest and pointed to me and smiled.

one of the best moments of my life... no joke.

my only complaint though was that they barely changed the set lists the two nights expect for two songs (echo and crowded elevator)- everything else was exactly the same. either way, it was still an incredible night that i will never forget.

i'm glad everyone else who went had a good time.
CrowdedElevator46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

I went to the show...i was right in front and in the middle....It was awesome....I talked to a couple people but i dont know if they are on this message board....My favorite part of the night is when echo came on and crowded elevator....i almost cried... Brandon's guitar solo was awesome too...
Ivegonebananas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

wow, although the two michigan shows had very similiar set lists (basically the same), i prefered this show. because at the grand rapids show i was right up front against the baricade and couldnt move, so i strictly was watching the guys. but at auburn hills, i got to dance my ass off with my two best friends.

and it was amazing. anyone who was in the dance party with us int he middle of the floor, you fucking own.

Smile
thisiseverything
New Skin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Boyd Kiedis Rocha Cornell - are you Kyle or Matt by any chance? If so, this is Candace...haha.

Anyway, I was at the show Friday night as well. I went with some friends...and it was quite the struggle to get to the concert..but we got there and it was the most amazing show I've ever been to. The set list was absolutely brilliant - but if I could change one thing, I'd want more songs from Make Yourself.

And thank you to whoever those people were who request Echo. Hearing that song live just made my night. Well, the entire concert made my night - the drum solo, the music, everything.

I had floor tickets - we ended up front & center. What a sight! The people around me were awesome too - great bunch of fans there to enjoy the music. I've got some bruises and cuts to show for some of the insanity that occurred but...again, so worth it!

Anyway...can't wait til I can go and see the guys play again. I was so impressed.
belikemike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

[color=cyan][/color]I was at the concert on friday with my gf and two other friends, and it was first concert ever, but quite possibly the best one i'll ever go to :D we had seats in section 114, row D (like 8 or 9 rows up) and i don't think anything could've made that night any better, unless we could've met the guys, THAT would make it better. But agreeing with everyone, that was an AWESOME show. these guys really know how to put on a great performance. the one thing that got me down afterwards was that they didn't play ACLOTM, i love that song and it was the first one i tried to play (guitar) off the album (key word: tried) my first successful song was TSOM, and i went nuts when that song came on. anyway, i'm still feeling the excitement of that night, and i can't wait to see Incubus again sometime. later.

p.s. when brandon messed up on Pantomime, he said "what are the fucking words again?" and restarted the verse, that was cool
Boyd Kiedis Rocha Cornell
New Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"thisiseverything"..YEAH! it's Kyle! how's it going! such a kick ass show eh.. its cool u remembered me and thought my description of the show oculda been me.. well it is.. hopefully u read this.. if u have msn messenger or icq add me.. my email is comebackkid19@hotmail.com.. hope to talk to u soon. - Cheers.

-"Silence is an empty space, space is the home of the awakened mind."
thisiseverything
New Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Well, considering we sat against a garbage after the show together..I remember you. Plus, you went with Matt and he's a friend of mine. Smile

Added you to MSN .
EndThisB4itEndsUs
Zeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Cubbies2166 wrote:
Here's the setlist;

Megalomanic, NTKY, Idiot Box, Just a Phase, Priceless, Beware! Criminal, Wish You Were Here, Here in my Room, Drive, Vitamin, Pistola, Made for TV Movie, Talk Shows on Mute, Echo, Sick Sad Little World, ACSOG----ENCORE----Pantomime, Crowded Elevator, Pardon Me

Brandon forgot some of the words to Pantomime and Jose, Ben, and Brandon's drum solo is amazing. The best Incubus concert I've been to yet.

Great setlist. I hope instead of Echo they play The Warmth.
Cubbies2166
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I don't know if anybody is still reading this topic but if anybody got any pictures of this show could you please let me know I don't care how bad they are. They would be better than nothing
GlistenWithMySyllables09

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

hey cubbies, i have a couple pictures. if youd like them, id be happy to send 'em to ya. email me... duchesskev09@aol.com

all hail incubus! the show was the shit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: