FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mog
Familiar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Getting excited, only two weeks away. Just curious if anyone else here is going? I've got floor tickets, it's gonna be my girlfriend and I. Also heading to the one in Grand Rapids on Wednesday, though, I don't have floor tickets for that one. Long drive, too.

Not so excited about Sparta, but, I suppose they may be better than the Vines. Confused I've seen Sparta before and I wasn't impressed.

Regardless, it will be fun. Smile
Boyd Kiedis Rocha Cornell
New Skin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i'll be at the show also..with floor tickets.I'm going with one of my buddies. I also have tickets to see them in Toronto 3 days before. I'm also abit sketchy on Sparta, o well i'm there for Incubus that's all that matters.
Rock on.

-"Silence is an empty space, space is the home of the awakened mind."
aZw3tHiNkWe1z
Familiar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

i got floor tickets too to the show...really excited cant wait! Very Happy

...That it will never be enough
cliffside87
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

write about the show

-George Orwell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

well my friend called me from his cell phone like 2 hours ago when he was at the show and i heard them playing beware! criminal
cliffside87
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

see if you can get the setlist from him

-George Orwell
Cubbies2166
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Here's the setlist;

Megalomanic, NTKY, Idiot Box, Just a Phase, Priceless, Beware! Criminal, Wish You Were Here, Here in my Room, Drive, Vitamin, Pistola, Made for TV Movie, Talk Shows on Mute, Echo, Sick Sad Little World, ACSOG----ENCORE----Pantomime, Crowded Elevator, Pardon Me

Brandon forgot some of the words to Pantomime and Jose, Ben, and Brandon's drum solo is amazing. The best Incubus concert I've been to yet.
unabletocomply
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they played echo? cool.

"Does it break my heart, of course, every moment of every day, into more pieces than my heart was made of, I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, I never thought about things at all, everything changed, the distance that wedged itself between me and my happiness wasn't the world, it wasn't the bombs and burning buildings, it was me, my thinking, the cancer of never letting go, is ignorance bliss, I don't know, but it's so painful to think, and tell me, what did thinking ever do for me, to what great place did thinking ever bring me? I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
Cubbies2166
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Yeah, Brandon said that they were shopping at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall (a mall right next to the venue) and some kid requested that song so they played it.
cliffside87
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Quote:
ENCORE----Pantomime, Crowded Elevator, Pardon Me

pretty tight closing

-George Orwell
Mog
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

Yeah, right at the second part of Pantomime("In my fantasy, No such thing as time, Minutes bleed into days of avant garde art..." He stopped and said, "Oops, let's try that again." Slightly disappointed, set didn't change much at all from Grand Rapids. Crowded Elevator was a big plus, though. Was kinda nice being up at front, but, I think I'll stick with seats from now on. Screaming girls(ouch) and getting smushed, not my kind of thing. Razz

During the drum solo, Mike went up near Kilmore and they played with some knobs, and it seemed like the bass drum went way up. Might have been imagining things, but, they seemed to find it amusing. Brandon also found Kilmore's part in ACSOG amusing towards the end. Also, Kilmore didn't do Whole Lotta Love, it was just some other thing.

I'd go see them twice again, it was fun. Just shouldn't expect them to change up the set so much I guess. Razz

No Sponge Bob theme this time, either. Razz Haha.

Good times, though.

Oh yeah, they had Cheech and Chong bobbleheads on the amp. It amused me.
Squall
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

[quote="Cubbies2166"]Yeah, Brandon said that they were shopping at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall (a mall right next to the venue) and some kid requested that song so they played it.[/quote]

hehe... this sounds cool. hopefully this happens again with requesting a fungus track;)
cliffside87
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

yea, echo wouldn't be th first song i'd suggest...but cool nonetheless

-George Orwell
aZw3tHiNkWe1z
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i wish i was at great lakes...
but i think echo was a nice song to hear..have they played it live recently besides last nite?

...That it will never be enough
Boyd Kiedis Rocha Cornell
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was right infront of Ben the whole show, and i got one of Mikey's picks at the end.. best show i've seen them play.. they seemed to be having a good time too...i wish i woulda went to great lakes crossing and met them!! o well amazing show!

-"Silence is an empty space, space is the home of the awakened mind."
high-c
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

cliffside87 wrote:
Quote:
ENCORE----Pantomime, Crowded Elevator, Pardon Me

pretty tight closing

agree with that...crowded elevator into pardon me, damn
morrison 73
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Auburn Hills, MI - July 9, 2004 Reply with quote

[quote="Cubbies2166"]Here's the setlist;

Megalomanic, NTKY, Idiot Box, Just a Phase, Priceless, Beware! Criminal, Wish You Were Here, Here in my Room, Drive, Vitamin, Pistola, Made for TV Movie, Talk Shows on Mute, Echo, Sick Sad Little World, ACSOG----ENCORE----Pantomime, Crowded Elevator, Pardon Me

Brandon forgot some of the words to Pantomime and Jose, Ben, and Brandon's drum solo is amazing. The best Incubus concert I've been to yet.[/quote]

Wow ..to me that's the best set so far for the US Tour !!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't post here often/at all, but I do peruse the board from time to time...

I was at the show last night, and it was amazing. I've been to 2 other Incubus shows, and this was by far the best one they've put on. I was at the Hamilton show at Copps Coliseum in 01' , as well as the Honda civic tour show in Cobo hall in detroit... The other two shows had not nearly the 'performance' feel that this did. The songs usually sounded pretty straight from the book.

This show was awesome. The improvisations and entire feel of the show was so much better... I think Ben fits in so much better than Dirk ever did at the shows. He's got a ton of personality, and seems to have brought more personality out of the rest of the band, especially Jose.

Speaking of jose, the drumming session was great. Reminded me of a song Led Zeppelin does with a huge drum solo in it. Listening to the rhythms that Brandon, Ben, and Jose threw together was very impressive. I loved every minute of it. Jose's solo was great too. The length and sound were stunning.

I was only sad not to see Ben take more of a solo session on in the show, like i had heard he had done in other shows. I play the bass a bit myself, so I would have liked to have heard more from him, however i really like what he's done with some of the older songs, especially the bass line he's made up in NTKY.

I was in section 113, about 9 rows up. I had ordered tickets only the day before, and lucked out with really good seats, but no floor tickets :/ ... I didn't know i was able to go to the show only a few days before, so there weren't too many options left by that time... The seats were REALLY good though, could see everything. Was a bit dissapointing though when a guy in front of us passed out (I think by a combination of drugs/alcohol/heat/movement) and gave everyone around him a bit of a scare. Then later on in the show in the row behind us another guy couldn't hold down whatever was in him, and puked a few times, sending some splatter our way. That sucked as well.... Kinda dumb when people can't help but make themselves so bad at an event like that, for everyone else's sake...

We were on mikey's side, so I got to finally watch him at the guitar. His solo in Priceless gave me shivers, just watching his fingers moving, and his feet at the pedals. That guy is amazing with what he does... Some of his other solos i thought he made some mistakes in, but all in all he was great, and very talented...

Brandon's always interesting to watch... bouncing around and all, doing the corny actions to words in the songs.... the gf liked that part, and the dancing of everyone on stage, even Chris Smile

I thought sparta was really not that good... They just didn't sound good... Could barely hear the vocals, and the guitarist on the right side there sounded too high pitched/screetchy for my tastes... I suppose if i had known some of their songs going in there it would have been better... I did enjoy their first and last songs... I thought that 30 seconds to mars was somehow more entertaining than them though... Probably just because the lead singer was such a nutcase...

The sound quality was overall pretty good.. A lot better than Cobo was, which was what I expected.... Brandon had his moments of being a bit off, but also had his moments of being right on.

Once again, they seemed to be so much more comfortable up there with Ben now in the group. Little things like ben holding the fan up to jose after his big solo, and ben banging his drum sticks together at one point in the drumming session just made the atmosphere seem more fun.... I also really like how he adds another set of vocals to some of the songs. I loved it when all 3 guys would be singing....

The setlist was good... I was really happy to hear Idiot Box, one of my favourite songs played live (I hadn't heard it live before)... I missed not having ACLOTM... It was a treat to hear crowded elevator at the end though i think at that point most of the crowd was getting tired of hearing stuff they didn't know...

My one big hope now is that someone in there got a decent quality recording of it. I would be really dissapointed if I couldn't hear a bootleg of it again. I just listened to the new zealand one on the site hear, and the drumming session was soooo much better last night....

Pantomime was nice to hear as well... I was really enjoying some of the new things they were doing, like brandon playing some guitar, and mikey on the keyboard for drive....

All in all, the concert was amazing, I'm so glad i didn't have to miss it like i originally thought would be the case.... Got held up at the border on the way back to canada, but obviously they found nothing in their search of the vehicle and us.... The night was fantastic, would do it again in a heartbeat....

So again, if anyone knows or hears anything of a bootleg of the concert, I'd be extremely interested in it... I really want to hear it all again.... I'm sure someone got in with it, security was not tight at all... No pat down or anything, the guy just asked us to take stuff out of our pockets... I even carried in a USB Flash Memory Key in my pocket by accident... the guy was just like "what do you need that for?" and i said i left it in there accidentally from earlier in the day.... in i went with it... someone must have got in and recorded it successfully... i look forward to hearing it again!!!

twas a good night!
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling they were going to play Crowded Elevator at that show. That is an awesome setlist.
Sedated experiment
Mystery Girl
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool setlist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: