FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystery Girl
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a cool concert!
cross0ver21
New Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

Wow, words can't describe how amazing that show was. I drove 6 hrs. to get there from KC and the trip was worth it, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

First I did the VIP experience which was incredible. The anticipation of waiting for them to enter the room was crazy. Then Mike came in first and waved to everyone, followed by Ben, then Brandon, and Jose and Kilmore last. Kilmore came in bouncing a basketball and somehow he bounced the ball and hit Jose in the head with it. Mike and Jose are so much shorter than I thought, especially Jose who is probably about 5'7". The whole band was so cool and down to earth. When Brandon signed my card he wrote "hey matt! thanks for being here!" and on the K he totally messed it up and goes "that has to be the worst K i've written in my life." Smile

After I walked down through the table and met the guys I met up with three of my friends that came with me and we just stood there in shock that we just me the band we've listened to for years. The whole thing felt surreal, too good to be true. Then after everyone had gone through the line the guys came over and we posed for our group photo. I stood right next to Kilmore and Ben, and Brandon knelt down right in front of me.

After we took two pictures I shook their hands one last time, and right after I shook Brandon's hand Ben punched him in the arm so hard Very Happy

Then the show was just as incredible, even though the place wasn't even close to sold out we were all going crazy and I think Incubus fed off our energy the whole night. Brandon was dancing all over the stage at the beginning of the show, especially during idiot box. I've watched a lot of live videos and he reminded me of the days of FUNGUS/SCIENCE. During Kilmore's solo I noticed Brandon and Mike standing off to the side making a toast with their beers and smiling, I think they enjoyed every minute of the show as much as the crowd did.

I could go on forever about the concert but I'll go ahead and stop here. If you wanna know anything else just email me.
antigravity47
New Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

I almost got caught in the tornado driving down there from chicago. scariest thing ever... once we had passed the storm we looked behind us and saw a funnel cloud forming. never going to central/ southern illinios again.

ummm yeah, the police cover was fucking amazing. and i was really happy they played a crow left of the murder because they hadn't played that song the past couple of shows.
pantomime20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

That show did indeed kick total ass....they played almost every song i wanted to hear, including pantomime which was fucking awesome, and the energy on the floor was amazing. i was right next to or in the pit most of the night which was pretty awesome but kinda drew away from the show cuz of all the fights and everything....then my friend knocked a kid out which kinda sucked but the show still fucking rocked

i'm pretty sure brandon said "that was a little incubus song arrested by the police" too like someone posted earlier tho...but i can be sure cuz i was really stoned....

that was easily the best night of my life tho....awesome show!
UrStELLaR83

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

I got a speeding ticket on the way home too!!!! Bastards!!!
I was going 79 in a 65. I'm pissed.
And the asshole cop kept asking me how the concert was.
I wanted to be like, great, until RIGHT NOW. Ass.
But oh well, the concert kicked ass.
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, at least mine wasnt bogus. Yours is less than 15 over on a highway. I was going more then 20 over. Hehe, I deserved it, but i got away with just a "seatbelt" violation. It was great.
EndThisB4itEndsUs
Zeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

You guys and girls are so lucky. It sounds like it was amazing. I only have to drive about 45 minutes to see their show in Las Cruces. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, but it seems like I'm the only one that likes Incubus in my city, other than my mom. And my mom wants to go too, but if she does, who cares, I get to see Incubus!
electricxXsheep

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

I know I'm a little late commenting on this show, but... you can deal with it. :D

The pit was insane. Me and my friends were right in the middle. And right on the rail. Too bad that didn't last too long. Haha. The pushing craaazy. I unintentionally migrated about halfway back into the crowd, and by this time, I couldn't breathe and I was near passing-out point. So my best friend Mike made me get out. So I watched from the side.

I was super pleased with the setlist. So amazing. I'm a huge emotional wreck, and I cried during Stellar.

I took a few pictures, but then I got caught and the guard threatened to throw me out, so that was the end of taking pictures.

IM me on AIM if you guys want to. I'm always on. likeXa CIGARETTE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: