FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

programs were $20, t-shirts were $35 unless you bought them outside afterwards for $10. i bought the program.
Nowhere Man
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i dunno bout you guys, i loved it tonight. i thought 3 songs from science was generous, they rarely play that shit. acsog, idiot box, AND vitamin. that is realy good, come on. and they barely play pardon me so that kicked ass. imy friend took pictures os im gonna try to put them up online soon.
PIShCuBus
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

was there still alot shirts left after the show?
Pantomine
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Show was amazing. Except for that HUGE BITCH at the front of the pit. I wanted to kill her, i could have fit me and 2 friends in the spot she was tkaing up. But yea, the setlist was great. stop whining.

Does anyone have a set list. I got Jose's drumbstick, but i forgot to stick around for a list. Just run it by me, i dont remember
newz
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

They are changing the setlists. I talked to brandon at the meet and greet and he told me that tonight would be aalmost the same as Atlantic City. But he said tomorrow is goign to be a completely different set because I told him I was going to that one too.

But you are right nowherefast, most incubus fans are queers. I hate most of them and even the dudes there are teeny boppers. I bet you incubus hates those people, I know I would if I was a band.
CiminoUM5
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Quote:
I HOPE IM NOT ALONE WHEN I SAY NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR SO MANY GAY SONGS FROM ACLOTM

Dude, what the f*ck did you expect? It was their 2nd US show since releasing a brand new album....anyone with an IQ above room temperature would realize that they're going to play more ACLOTM songs than anything else. I do agree that they need to throw a couple more SCIENCE/Fungus songs in there. IMO there is no reason to play more than 4 MY songs, though....over the past 4-5 years we've heard them play an a**load of MY songs on tour, and I know I'd be pissed if I went and heard say 10 MY songs and only a couple off ACLTOM.

I will say, that if they continue to "vary" the setlist by only a song or two each night, I'm going to be extremely dissappointed with them. I've got tix for the Tampa show and I'm trying to buy some to the Orlando show too, but if they aren't changing 8-10 a night, I'm gonna give up on that idea.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shouting "play anti-gravity" and some faggot guy next to me screams "PLAY STELLAR"....at that point i realized what the incubus fan base has become
Pantomine
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

^^^(CiminoUM5) You got a goooood point. The show was AMAZING. those are good songs. tmtyl and are you in would have made it better. But that was a great concert.

haha yea some kid there was like some freaky nerd. me and my friend kept talking about Klingons to piss him off.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe im just disappointed because i really do not like ACLOTM.... the only song i didnt mind hearing from that CD was SSLW.... ive been a die-hard fan for years- it doesnt change the fact that i think ACLOTM is the worst CD they have ever made- poor lyrics- cheesy choruses-its not the incubus were used too-- theyve turned from bad-ass and well respected to a a girly rock band bc of the past 2 CDs...i took so much shit for going to this concert tonight...
BlackBird
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats your opinion, stellar is my fave song by them so ill prob yell that when i see em too
unabletocomply
Hot Dancer

n0warefast2012 wrote:
I was shouting "play anti-gravity" and some faggot guy next to me screams "PLAY STELLAR"....at that point i realized what the incubus fan base has become

nowhere fast you are beginning to bug me. Stellar is great. so is anti-gravity. but what the hell are you talking about? I see you are dissapointed and all, but damn take it easy man. things aren't going to be exactly the way you want them to be all the time.

"Does it break my heart, of course, every moment of every day, into more pieces than my heart was made of, I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, I never thought about things at all, everything changed, the distance that wedged itself between me and my happiness wasn't the world, it wasn't the bombs and burning buildings, it was me, my thinking, the cancer of never letting go, is ignorance bliss, I don't know, but it's so painful to think, and tell me, what did thinking ever do for me, to what great place did thinking ever bring me? I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
CiminoUM5
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

christorres,

Agree completely with what you said, except that NONE of the songs were a poor selection. I personally think there's no way in hell they should be playing Warning, NTKY, and WYWH on the same night. We've heard the first two on every tour since the one prior to MV being released, and all 3 have been forced down our throats on the radio (granted, I rarely listen, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at). Ideally, they should play no more than one of those per night. It may sound like I'm just being a MV hater, but with the MY songs, they're doing the remix of drive and they've at least been switching up between the acoustic and regular versions of Pardon Me on their last several tours. And The Warmth, well, it's the Warmth, and should be a staple at every show.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

btw- they butchered A certain shade of green tonight
highwaychile
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

I had a funny feeling they were gonna do something like that for the first couple of shows. They wanted to play the songs that they knew really well. They wanted to make a good impression on the public for their new US tour. I thought they played really well last night. Maybe it wasn't all the songs I wanted, but I still really dug the show. The lights and backdrop were awesome and everybody was totally on. Too bad they butched "A Certain Shade of Green". They played every song perfectly in AC. Well, I hope they start changing stuff up a little bit. I like how they extended Jose's drum solo. I was a little bummed out that Ben didn't get a bass solo in AC. It's alright guys....we'll get what we want soon enough.

_Randy_
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
unabletocomply
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean put a nice scratch in the middle of it? thats not butchering something, thats called improv.

"Does it break my heart, of course, every moment of every day, into more pieces than my heart was made of, I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, I never thought about things at all, everything changed, the distance that wedged itself between me and my happiness wasn't the world, it wasn't the bombs and burning buildings, it was me, my thinking, the cancer of never letting go, is ignorance bliss, I don't know, but it's so painful to think, and tell me, what did thinking ever do for me, to what great place did thinking ever bring me? I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
CiminoUM5
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe im just disappointed because i really do not like ACLOTM.... the only song i didnt mind hearing from that CD was SSLW.... ive been a die-hard fan for years- it doesnt change the fact that i think ACLOTM is the worst CD they have ever made- poor lyrics- cheesy choruses-its not the incubus were used too-- theyve turned from bad-ass and well respected to a a girly rock band bc of the past 2 CDs...i took so much shit for going to this concert tonight...

Sorry you feel that way, but like I said, you gotta expect that they're going to be playing a lot of songs off their most recent album, especially on their 2nd show of their 1st US tour since the album was released.

I personally think that ACLOTM was a HUGE step in the right direction overall. Instrumentally, it just sh*ts on the last two albums (and I love Make Yourself and still think MV is alright). Mike's guitar work speaks for itself, Jose's drumming is as good as its ever been, and Kilmore's atmospheric stuff is simply awesome, albiet not always apparant (I think that's more O'brien's fault than anyone, though). Ben's basslines can't hang with Dirk's stuff from the old days, but I do think they're a dramatic improvement over the lines on MV (minus Are You In and UMU). Brandon is the lone negative....some of his vocal work is fantastic, while sometimes he's clearly streching his limits too far. Lyrically it's fairly medicore overall, though no worse than MV IMO. As long as Brandon doesn't sh*t the bed, I think the next album is going to be a classic cause I see Ben incorporating the sick stuff he's doing live onto the album.

Wow....didn't mean to go off on such a tangent, but oh well....

And as for ACSOG, I thought Ben not slapping the verses would kill it, but I like what I heard on the bootlegs so far. And that new breakdown they're doing after Kilmore's little solo in the middle of the song is just sick....
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unabletocomply wrote:
you mean put a nice scratch in the middle of it? thats not butchering something, thats called improv.

Laughing

i really love all of the versions of the songs they've "butchered"...or as they've said, the songs they "take apart and put back together"...and i also love all of the solos they did. the drum improv between ben, brandon and jose was something else. they are constantly amazing.
illuminationLE11
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

I think people are pissed because they been spoiled with bootlegs and whatnot. I mean to turn up and not expect them to play a lengthy drum jam in the middle of Vitamin would be freaking awesome but we've all heard it before the show anyway. See what i mean?

However, $55?!? Talk about getting caught with your pants down. In England we paid 17.50 for the show and i don't think with the exchange rate that is a similar price.

They do need to mix up the set however. When myself and my band play something new/different it's always exciting. I'm sure incubus should get the same feeling.
Panic In Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Yesterday's show was excellent, I felt like there was a good mix of stuff from the records but the jam sessions were just incredible.This was my 4th incubus show and I felt the set was really great, but it did seem shorter than usual. But I don't go to a show expecting to hear some rare songs they rarely play ; I go to just enjoy the show and not worry about things like that. I can careless about what exactly do they play; as long as they pull it off well. And they did exactly that. there were still some mix to the set than previous tours, idiot box and acsog were awesome. And it was great to hear the crow songs since I've never experienced them live. But the jamming scatterred around the show and the fun that that the band and the crowd had last night made the show great. Was able to sneak in a camera btw, pictures are ok at best, maybe I'll post them later if I can figure out how to. I was in section 44 so i was able to get some good shots, quality is eh though. But yes, great show! Very Happy

Last edited by Panic In Blue on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Panic In Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops meant to post in theother thread, sorry about that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: