FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digundermyskin50
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not that i wasn't happy with the show, i guess i just expected more variety as they claimed they would provide
Maybe they should have had to dedicate more to it
SykoByte
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

They really do need to mix things up a bit.. bands should not play the same setlist each night. The last 2 nights shows are the exact same except they played Pardon Me at MSG and Under My Umbrella at AC.
Now as most on here would agree.. we'd take any setlist of Incubus live, but it sure adds to the enjoyment when they mix things up a bit..
I'd honestly prefer they play completely different sets each night, then you'd never know what to expect when you finally see them live.
I don't know about other bands... but Incubus is notorius for playing the same setlists and that's kind of a downer, but I still love 'em.
Who knows though.. they sure got our attention when they threw in Crowded Elevator and TMTYL overseas... so hopefully they have some goodies planned for us Americans too.

I personally want to see Version, Azwethinkweiz, New Skin, Under My Umbrella, Made for TV Movie and Zee Deveel.
digundermyskin50
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and hilikus
tink121

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

I'm always happy to see them play live, don't get me wrong. The set list from AC and MSG would have been fine had I not been privy to the European set lists and the comments from the band about changing things up.

I truly thought AC was a warm-up gig and that tonight's show would be killer. I'm certain they nailed the material, but c'mon...it's one of the premier venues in the world and at the start of a major US tour!!! They have only had a week or two off, it's not like they should have to warm up to this stuff.

I'm guilty and jaded at best. I expect more from this band at this stage of the game.
SykoByte
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

SykoByte wrote:
I personally want to see Version, Azwethinkweiz, New Skin, Under My Umbrella, Made for TV Movie and Zee Deveel.

I forgot to mention Crowded Elevator... that's one of my favorite Incusongs.
stephanie
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

I'm so happy I got to see them live that I could of cared less what they played. I thought it was an amazing concert, one of the best i've ever been too. I'm excited I get to see them tomorrow again. Hopefully they'll change it up a litte bit so I don't hear all the same songs again but if they don't i'll still be just as excited to see them again!
Also, it was the second show of the US tour so stop complaining that they aren't changing the set list up. I could understand it it was later on in the tour and they still were planning the same stuff how it might annoy you but the tour just started.
digundermyskin50
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least someone agrees with me...i'm going to nassau tomorrow as well...hopefully their set will be different
The_Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i showed up at the show late (damn new youk traffic) missed all of the vines (how were they btw?) and up to priceless but after that i thought the show was good.

i agree with all of u that the setlist could have been better but, it was still a good show w/ high energy.
PIShCuBus
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

what were the merchandise they were selling and for how much?
The_Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were sellin mainly t-shirts

they were rediculously priced (some $40)

i would jus buy the tees of their website or sumpthin
Irish Bastard
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

The_Rob wrote:
i showed up at the show late (damn new youk traffic) missed all of the vines (how were they btw?) and up to priceless but after that i thought the show was good.

Dude the Vines arent even on the tour anymore. Sparta is.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

I AGREE....ANYONE WHO WAS IN THE PIT WITH ME KNOWS IT...I KEPT SAYING IT...THIS WAS A RUN OF THE MILL SETLIST- FOR MSG THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING BETTER....VERY DISAPPOINTING...THEY SETTLED FOR SATISFYING EVERYONE BY PLAYING THE SAME FUCKING SONGS THEY EVERY GODDAMN TIME.....SERIOUSLY WTF INCUBUS--
Irish Bastard
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY
The_Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry Pubah, as i said i missed the first part of the show and The Vines were on the ticket. I was unaware of the change, well then how was Sparta?
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like incubus has hit rock-bottom...the pit was filled with fat dykes who yelled at peolpe for bumping into them in the PIT...its the fucking pit....the crowd was dead, and most of the fans were faggots....i kept thinking what are we gonna hear next ...maybe anti-gravity, maybe under my umbrella, maybe even TMTYL...but now , we were fed the same slow bullshit like Warning or TSOM....i honestly thought that Incubus were goign to break out a great performance for MSG...but they caved in and gave into a large crowd of new fans wearing those ugly as hell ACLOTM shirts (btw- does anyone else think the new incubus font sucks?) ... ive been a fan for a long time- but the concert tonight makes me second guess how long i will like them for....i have seen them 4 times...and each time has been worse then the time before-....we only got 2 songs from Science tonight- and liek 4 from MY...I HOPE IM NOT ALONE WHEN I SAY NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR SO MANY GAY SONGS FROM ACLOTM..i had faith tonight would be old school....but unfortunately is a show for those who wanna hear Megalomaniac and TSOM----incubus better get their shit together--they should sit down and watch WIAV2 so they can see how they used to be
rocksolidgurl
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first time seeing the guys live, and I thought it was a great show with lots of energy...I was right on the barricade in front of Mike and everyone around me was really into it. The girl next to me had been to 40 shows. But anyway, I was happy with the setlist. Of course there were songs I would have liked to hear (Beware!Criminal, Leech, Blood On The Ground, Have You Ever, Mexico) but it was a really good set and I thought it showcased all of their strengths. Maybe I'll go see a show again in the fall if I have enough money.

Oh, and merch was REDICULOUS! I can't believe anyone would spend $40 for a tshirt.
BlackBird
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are acting like spoiled kids id take any setlist from the guys, i love all their songs!
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you pay 55 bucks to see a band who says theyre goign to switcing up setlistsn and playing old songs--and than you hear the shit we heard tonight- you get pissed- you look forward to something for months are realllly disapointed---i feel like this concert was geared towards the mainstream fans and disreguarded the real fans who wanted to hear the actual good songs
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from the show, i don't think it was poor song selection at all - they can't please everyone to the fullest extent.

i enjoyed every minute of it....except for when i was almost killed by a giant in the front row. guy was 6 foot 5 and 300lbs and kept pushing me around and into other people. haha.
PIShCuBus
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i hear everything at MSG is more expensive i hopeeeeee thats the case..40 bucks for tee's areeeee way to much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: