FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IncuKris
Familiar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Thank you, I love you. Razz
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djassknuckles wrote:
i'm guessing nowherefast's never been to a concert before, or that he's a 12 year old girl that has no clue how this whole concert process works. the band plays the songs that they feel will get the crowd into the show. sometimes its just not the song that you wanna hear but its not gonna do any good to be crying like a nancy ass about it.

no..this was my 4th time seeing incubus, and im 18....so dont tell me i dont understand how a concert process works......admit one thing- the songs they played catered a mainstream crowd of listeners....as i stood in the pit in the beginning and talked to people, i noticed many people were new fans drawn in by aclotm....i dont dislike the peoiple who just got into incubus- but i dont think incubus should favor the new music and latest CD so much---i know its what they are supporting, but i feel that when a band tours- they shouldnt favor any CD- they should simply play whats best for the show....once again- this is why PJ is so fucking awesome in concert...i saw them 7/14 at PNC last year and they played songs from every CD including hunger strike which hadnt been played in 12 years...
Kevin Durant
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azwethinkweizm wrote:
n0warefast2012 wrote:
you're probably the kid who yellled "PLAY STELLAR"

Stellar is great live.

yes.
greenie
Zeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

blah blah blah pearl jam blah blah blah pearl jam

why don't you go on one of their message boards so we incubus fans can enjoy the US tour???
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Nah not blah blah, they are one of the top 5 live acts of all time. every band should model a show like theres. varied set lists are great for fans that go to multiple shows...and i believe that there are many people that go mulitple incubus shows...i realize that it may be a little more difficlut for them to change up the set list though. this is also due to the effects like with the screens and stuff. but hey hopefully tonite will be switched up a little i have faith that they will pull another good show, and even go beyond what they have played the last 3 dates.

yeah i wish they had played stellar,
and no im not a 12 year old girl, and i can almost gurantee that i have been to more shows then anyone on this board...
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

PJINCFAN wrote:
Nah not blah blah, they are one of the top 5 live acts of all time. every band should model a show like theres. varied set lists are great for fans that go to multiple shows...and i believe that there are many people that go mulitple incubus shows...i realize that it may be a little more difficlut for them to change up the set list though. this is also due to the effects like with the screens and stuff. but hey hopefully tonite will be switched up a little i have faith that they will pull another good show, and even go beyond what they have played the last 3 dates.

yeah i wish they had played stellar,
and no im not a 12 year old girl, and i can almost gurantee that i have been to more shows then anyone on this board...

see- anyone who has seen PJ knows that nothing beats their live performances....all i was thinking was that since i know incubus are big PJ fans- why dont they take a look at how they do it, and change theirs up a little....i went to 2 concerts during the MV Tour and i heard the exact same songs except for 1....i still enjoyed myself but wouldnt it be nice to never know what to expect....??? i think it would add a lot to the show...
djassknuckles
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherefast, you still dont understand. they're not pearl jam, they're a completely different band. they dont tour the same way, they dont put their shows on the same way either. just get over it. if you wanna see a band that plays their sets like pearl jam does then just wait until pearl jam goes on tour again. i saw pearl jam last year at the garden twice and PNC on the 14th and i saw them play those songs as well. it was great, but pearl jam has been touring since '93, they're a little more experienced and they've played their songs live more often so therefore are more comfortable with them. give incubus another 5 years and then compare them to pearl jam when it comes to touring. just dont judge incubus because they didnt play the songs you personally wanted to hear.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
riotburn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: NYC concert Reply with quote

HEy im putting a post out for a recording of the NEW YORK CITY 2004 concert please anybody reply ....i need to get that drum solo...amazing shit....yea so lemi rules
djassknuckles
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if anyone managed to record this hit me up somehow and let me know. i'd really love to hear it, thanks.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stephanie
Zeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

You can hear pretty much the exact same drum solo thing on Live in Japan.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

dj ass knuckles-- i do understand....have you ever been at a show where they played an old song that barely anyone knew, and you thought it was so awesome because you wanted to hear it so bad....the last time incubus played MSG in 2002, they played vitamin, new skin, glass and acsog- and i looked around at all the teenie girls there with their moms and they looked confused and disgusted...and it made me so happy- it just seemed like a direct message to the old fans....i just felt none of that at the concert the other night......i know they had to satisfy everyone but it just sucks that in order to satisfy everyone- they have to play their most well-known/radio friendly songs....i still enjoyed the concert , dont get me wrong- i was 5 feet frmo brandon and mike the whole time, and i loved it when they played nowhere fast, idiot box, the warmth etc....but i still really thought they might play crowded elevator, anti-gravity, CLEAN, maybe glass- or just any songs that they do not play much....and the reference to pearl jam is just saying that i think pearl jam is the model touring band-- although incubus is nothing like PJ - i think mainly bc pjs first CD was by far their best, i think incubus could learn from the PJ fan responce that unpredictable makes everything much more surprising and fun.
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djassknuckles wrote:
yeah if anyone managed to record this hit me up somehow and let me know. i'd really love to hear it, thanks.

same here. i'd love to hear it again. Smile
stephanie
Zeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="svelte"][quote="djassknuckles"]yeah if anyone managed to record this hit me up somehow and let me know. i'd really love to hear it, thanks.[/quote]

same here. i'd love to hear it again. :)[/quote]

Like I said, just listen to Vitamin on the Live In Japan bootleg.
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

yeah but there's something special about hearing the exact show that you were at. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Yo guys, madison square conncert review: Long Island Newsday Article Enjoy!
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

thanks for that - pretty good review although i disagree with several statements made. then again, i was there and i enjoyed every single second of it and therefore, i am a bit biased. Very Happy
Pu Jam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the MSG show was amazing considering they didn't even play half of my fav songs - but i still loved each one. Jose's solo was CRAZY good and Ben proved to really mesh and add to the band's creativity -- i dunno if it was the haze i was on but i have a feeling it was just incubus as a band being simply genius and creating beautiful art.
asifo
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Does anyone have photos of the show?

I couldn't find any in the photo portal.
Xx_Spiral_Staircase_xX
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first concert... ever... so I was just amazed to be there. I swear, you could have just shut the music OFF for all I care, just being within a mile of that band made me happy and the energetic performance was entertaining enough to last me a lifetime... as I've said before, it was my first Incubus concert, so I can't compare to past performance... but I'm glad that my first concert was Incubus, and that's all I can say.

Brandon: My favorite video game is walking in front of the video game when these guys are playing and they yell at me.

>> Christina<<
Pravado
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: MSG Article Reply with quote

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/ny-etincu3870062jun28,0,6905632.story?coll=ny-music-headlines

Its a review of the MSG show. At the end of the article they made it sound like they were boring....

"And "Sick Sad Little World" lost its energy when Einziger led everyone into a befuddling fog of guitar. Still, most young bands wouldn't dare try such experiments - and that's what earns Incubus an A for effort."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: