FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

they've toured before.....for months and months at a time never stopping..they shouldn't be tired rite.
asifo
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

PJINCFAN, I totally agree with you about the pit situation. There were guys down there straight up hititng people. The people I was with had to pull people over and tell them to calm the fuck down. If we weren't twice the size of most of those kids, they wouldn't have listened.

I understand you really get into the music at an Incubus show, but hitting people and being an asshole really kept me from enjoying some songs. All throughout Idiot Box, I was dealing with some little bitch who was ruining it for everyone front center in the GA standing.

As far as the show went, I do like the old stuff a lot more than the new stuff, but I do like the new stuff as well. Seeing Incubus play in general is an amazing experience, some of the people who don't like the new album appreciated it after tonight. I don't think it was such a huge suprise that they didn't switch things up a bit. But they sure as hell put on an amazing show, if Jose's drum solo didn't entertain you, then you need to take some Ritalin and shut the fuck up. They were really on top of things musically in the show.
Xx_Spiral_Staircase_xX
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went last night to the MSG show, it was awesome! The lights and the backround screen effects were great. I could change one thing, it would've been the Drive remix. I like the original version better. Pardon Me was definitly the best song... but Pistola was awesome too. I can't compare with their other performances, because it was the first time I've ever seen Incubus live, but I think it was wonderful.

And asifo-- I agree, the drum solo was one of the best moments of the night.

-- Christina --

Brandon: My favorite video game is walking in front of the video game when these guys are playing and they yell at me.

>> Christina<<
WuzzyFobbles
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0warefast2012 wrote:
but they pretty much folded under the pressure of the MSG crowd resulting in playing the setlist that they did...

I don't get it ... what pressure ? You're making it seem like they had one setlist planned out (the setlist that YOU wanted to hear) , and then switched it up right before they hit the stage . I'm sure they write the setlist well before doors open to the audience .

And why do you act like Incubus owes their NY fans more than they do the rest of the world ? New Yorkers aren't the only people who buy Incubus records .

I bet that they are bored with playing certain songs live (hence the new version of "Drive" , and that's why they omit them from the setlists . I think that if Incubus threw more old songs on their setlists just for the sake of the fans , their stage prescence would suffer , and that would cause their gigs to really suck . I'd hate to pay money to see them playing songs that they feel obligated to play . As long as they continue to play songs that excite them , I'm sure their shows will be tight .
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i think something that could solve this whole debat, is if they just played longer. when i saw them in jun. 02 they played 18 songs and then a 2 song encore. and i believe later that year they were playing 20 plus a 2-3 song encore. shouldn't they be playing more songs now? with a new album out. i know they are jamming more, but still they could play more songs. how long are these shows running? if they play more songs they can fit in the hits and the rarities and everyone will be happy.
asifo
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Incubus puts out DVDs for a reason. They also tour after new albums for a reason.

If you put out a new album, you usually play songs from there since it's the freshest stuff, you've had a long time to see/hear the old shit.

If you really really need to see more songs from science, buy a DVD, a projection TV and enjoy the old shit live there.
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with FuzzyWobles. They should play what excites them. They can't please everyone, but I doubt Incubus would ever fold under whatever "pressure" people are talking about. 23 songs in one show? Doubt it. They are jamming a lot now and there are time matters to deal with. I saw Coldplay and it was awesome. But they played for barely 90 minutes, playing 13 songs. Incubus is playing like 19 songs and playing for an hour and 45 minutes. That's great. Get over the setlist and enjoy it. Incubus is.
svelte
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i can understand that some may be less than ecstatic with the set list, but they performed every song with amazing energy. with all of the great songs they have, it's got to be difficult to pick which ones they'll play every night, also with all of the great songs they have, i don't see how any set list could be less than awesome. as far as i'm concerned, you're still lucky if you got to see them live. they have enough talent that they can play any song and have it be amazing. there's no reason to be upset just because they didn't play exactly what you wanted to hear, it was still a great show in my opinion.

and on that note, just wondering if anyone recorded it?
TM-686
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see what some people are complaining about. Of course they are gonna play the same set list for the first couple of shows, they've only just started the tour for gods sake. be patient, good things will happen.

-WILL-
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

asifo wrote:
Incubus puts out DVDs for a reason. They also tour after new albums for a reason.

If you put out a new album, you usually play songs from there since it's the freshest stuff, you've had a long time to see/hear the old shit.

If you really really need to see more songs from science, buy a DVD, a projection TV and enjoy the old shit live there.

i'm not complaining about the new songs. they could even play more new songs and i wouldn't mind. since i haven't seen those songs played before. what i am complaining about is the song choices from the other albums. they could mix it up a lot more. and they still may. but i think they could have the first 2 nights as well. there is no reason why they couldn't have. i'm just glad i wasn't there, because i would be disappointed. i hope by oct. it's totally wide open. it could either be that or they could be tired/bored and reverting back to the hits set. i definitey hope it's the former, not the latter.
agoraphobic25
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i was at the show last night and thought it was amazing. i don't know how any of you can say that they didn't enjoy it. i made the 6 hour drive with my boys from rochester, ny, just to see them play in the garden. it was a great experience. there was great energy the whole show. the drive remix was sick along with that drum session. the fact that they are jamming a lot more now is sweet. i think when a band can be spontaneous like that and make it sound great is awesome and shows there true talents. great show...can't wait to see them again in rochester...
agoraphobic25
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also couldn't believe how low the level of security for the GA floor seats were. they didn't even check backpacks or anything....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

yea i saw them last night too. i was in section 5 row b right next to the pit and if anything was bad about the concert it was the pit. the people in there were not moving... for heavens sake you're seeing incubus about 10 feet away, at least jump a bit? where i was people were going nuts. the whole show was crazy. i have so much more respect for the whole band now even more than i did after seeing how amazing they are live. i thought the entire show was unbelievable apart from the dicks who were monitering the seats on the floor, me and my friend managed to sneak 2 of our friends into 2 spare seats next to us but they checked tickets and threw them up to section 309 Sad. all in all the concert was absolutely unbelieveable. the only song that didnt have an all out effect was here in my room but the rest were absolutely fantastic, played with unbelievable energy; i have the setlist as a playlist on my ipod on constant play, re-living the show Smile. just a question. when boyd came out and started playing by himself at the encore, what song was that they played. i saw the name in the setlist but it is not on any of their cds, is it a bside? shout-out to everyone who went nuts when they left stage and brought them back, the atmosphere was amazing! have fun everyone else who is seeing them.
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

agoraphobic25 wrote:
i was at the show last night and thought it was amazing. i don't know how any of you can say that they didn't enjoy it. i made the 6 hour drive with my boys from rochester, ny, just to see them play in the garden. it was a great experience. there was great energy the whole show. the drive remix was sick along with that drum session. the fact that they are jamming a lot more now is sweet. i think when a band can be spontaneous like that and make it sound great is awesome and shows there true talents. great show...can't wait to see them again in rochester...

well, it's not really spontaneous if it's done every night. now is it? that's ok though. they are more of a structured band (that are better in the studio imo), but at least they are trying to branch out.
Xx_Spiral_Staircase_xX
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="agoraphobic25"]i also couldn't believe how low the level of security for the GA floor seats were. they didn't even check backpacks or anything....[/quote]

I was in the green seats, about 20 rows or so from the stage, and they checked my bag, but not very well. You'd think that in MSG there'd be REALLY strict security... but I guess not.

Brandon: My favorite video game is walking in front of the video game when these guys are playing and they yell at me.

>> Christina<<

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Oily, the song was Pantomime. It isn't on any cd yet, it's something brandon has revealed during the past few months. Does anyone know what he was saying in between songs, though? Zebra? Zeela? That was wierd. Great show. I want to go again tonight lol.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not one of the incubus fans who will love whatever they make no matter what its like....ive tried veyr hard to liek ACLOTM..but honestly- its definitely a step down for them in everyway....the concert last night was a disappointment.....i dont care waht you say- it was a run of the mill concert- and they should have done something different.....
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats another point- they played a very short set....would it have hurt to play an extra 45 minutes..... and the comment that incubus plays what excites them --i think that is very untrue.....did anyone look at mike the first half of the show- he looked bored and upset....he seemed like he was just running through the same old songs once again....
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnderMyUmbrella421 wrote:
djassknuckles wrote:
nowherefast, you need to stop crying like a little bitch. just because they didnt play the songs you wanted to hear doesnt mean the show sucked. first of all, you said aclotm sucks, so that alone shows how far you have your head up your ass. second of all, you cant expect the band to not play any of its most popular songs just because you dont wanna hear them. the concert last night fuckin blew me away, i saw the same exact show the night before in AC and it fuckin blew me away then also. so stop whining like a 10 year old girl about how they folded under whatever pressure you're talking about and keep in mind that bands have to play to the demand of all of their fans, not just hardcore ones who wanna see the entirety of s.c.i.e.n.c.e. and a bunch of rarities played. if you didnt like the show then boo fuckin hoo, better luck next time pal.

Very true. Very good. You made MSG up to be the best show they are ever going to play? Seriously, whats wrong with you? MSG is not the end all, its the second show in the US tour. I think its completely natural that theyve been playing around the world for 3 monthes, and they are back in their home country and are still getting comfortable. You expect so much out of them so early, its ridiculous.

of course its not the end all, but MSG is arguably the worlds most famous arena...thats big enough to expect somethign special...and yes this is the 2nd show of the US tour but they have been touring for a long time now...they dont need time to break it in...theyve toured most of their lives...im just upset- i wanted to be surprised..and instead i knew exactly what song would follow the next
justmenat
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant stand fucking whiners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: