FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

[color=blue][/color]
Good show tonite. however i really feel that it lacked soem energy... I am only going to complain a little bit but thats okay. there "hit single" drive very nice remix...i thught it was funny that it took a majority of the crowd half of the song to realize what song was even being played haha. so that song lacked the sing along. also for 55 bucks only 19 songs? last time i saw them in NYC at hamemrstein ballroom, they played 25 songs a night, with a smaller catalouge to work with. They did not mix up the set either from NJ to NYC

Huge Compliments:
PISTOLA IS AMAZING LIVE. i really love this song. it sounds much better live then on the album.

i was also sittin there thinkin to myself. they really dont have a great sing along closing song. espcially the nite before they closed wit the warmth. Great song dont get me wrong.
BUT PARDON ME BLEW THE FUCKIN ROOF off.. it was a nice surprise for me, i figured they couldnt leave this out of the set. great ending to a great day in the city.

wish they would have played calgone, or deep inside, but its all good.
can't wait for tonite.
IncuKris
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

MSG was awesome. I think if I didn't listen to the Japan bootleg and other bootlegs so much it would have been even more amazing...not expecting the drum solos and everything. I am a little dissappointed in the setlist being almost identical to AC's but what can you do...that's what they do...and I guess it's just time to accept that lol..they're not Pearl Jam who will never do the same show twice. I am a little jealous after reading the setlist for Cardiff...June 7th i think it was? They played Black Hole Sun and a bunch of rarely played Incubus songs which I don't get why they don't do all the time. Oh well. Still an amazing show. If they switch things up tonight at Nassau I will be very upset because I have tickets and I can't go... Shocked
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree that they are playing too much from morning view. just look at the first 8 songs in the set. half are from mv. it's like the morning view tour until late in the set. i could do without warning and wish you were here. keep just a phase and under my umbrella. it sucks how they had got to the point of being totally random with the set lists in europe. but when they come back to the us, they are back to the standard set.
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a chance. There has only been two shows. I think they'll switch it all up. I just hope they do by Tuesday in Philly. I went to AC and I don't want to see the same setlist although I was happy with the setlist. They can't please everyone.
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I dont think too many people freaked out in Japan when the first couple of shows looked pretty standard, its just getting back into the groove of things. If newz said he talked to them and they are going to start mixing it up like crazy these next couple nights then calm down, you're gunna get what you want.

I understand with the news articles saying they are gunna mix it up maybe gave you high expectations but really, I think we all should have seen this coming. You really expect them to come off a couple week break and just do a setlist thats completely off the wall? No, they are going to play the fairly standard setlist, the setlist that they will start with and then take apart 8-10 songs and really start to change.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

they butchered ASCOG not because of the DJ solo, it was because they just didnt play it well...they really need dirk to play it like should sound...

the most disappointing thing was knowing exactly what song was up next everytime...i could have sat down before the show and wrote down what i thought would be the setlist and gotten like 85 percent of it right.....this is MSG- they should have gone all out....the first 10 songs i was just looking at mike and he looked so bored it seemed just like another routine show to him....if they switch up the setlists and play some old school stuff- that changes everything.....and since its a live concert- its best to play hard stuff, not slow stuff which they played way to much of it....
IncuKris
Familiar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

n0warefast2012 wrote:
.....and since its a live concert- its best to play hard stuff, not slow stuff which they played way to much of it....

That's not always the case...at all.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is....
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnderMyUmbrella421 wrote:
I may be wrong but I dont think too many people freaked out in Japan when the first couple of shows looked pretty standard, its just getting back into the groove of things. If newz said he talked to them and they are going to start mixing it up like crazy these next couple nights then calm down, you're gunna get what you want.

I understand with the news articles saying they are gunna mix it up maybe gave you high expectations but really, I think we all should have seen this coming. You really expect them to come off a couple week break and just do a setlist thats completely off the wall? No, they are going to play the fairly standard setlist, the setlist that they will start with and then take apart 8-10 songs and really start to change.

idon't see why they couldn't pick up where they left off in europe. it was less than a 2 week break. why would they have to go back to start? ben knows all the songs by now. so there is no reason that they can't be random. the only thin i can think of is that they were recording this show for release. ac was the warmup. if it doesn't change much tonight, then wwe can really start complaining. and they keep it up for long, i would consider not going to see them.
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY SHOULDN;T GET BACK IN TO THE GROVE OF THINGS IN NYC

they are playin the in world's most famous arena...this show should have been one of the highlights of the entire tour, even if it was early on...pantomine was nice too but its kind of weird to paly a song where not to many people are familiar with for your encore...if thats the case mine as well play something of fungus, like shaft or trouble in 421...soemting like this..
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually just read this whole entire thread thought of a few more things:
1. THE PIT SITUATION.
You are at a incubus show, not hatebreed, not shattered realm. this is not a pit show, there shouldn;t even have been a pit and should have had the standard seats in the front. if you wanna pit or mosh or dance, come to a hardcore show and i will kick you in the face. it;s incubus, enjoy the great music.

2. ACLOTM:
great song selection from the new album, no one should be complaining at all about the songs played of this album. Pistola was great, aclotm was great.

3. RARELY PLAY SCIENCE SONGS?
9/15/01 - with morning view coming out look at the set list from this show...filled with science, and it was played with perfection, glass, calgone, nebula, come on. it amazes me how many people aren't familiar with this material at all too. this is incubus at its finest, inventive, eclectic music. yea i loee science. it would have been nice to hear new skin again.

4. mayb mix up the encores:
maybe it would be better if they played their full set list, mayb not even changin up the songs. but possibly they could play a 6-7 song encore,varying songs, and playing rarer, older songs. this is where they should stick hot dancer haha or deep inside.

5. THEY CAN PLAY 25-30 SONGS A NIGHT:
they have FA,SCI, MY, MV, ACLOTM, that's 60 songs to choose from to make an ecletic varied show. not to mention other songs, and possible covers. so whoever said this, goo see springstein, pj, or dave. theycan accomplish this.

6. CLOSE WITH PARDON ME....
PUT THE HOUSE LIGHTS ON...
CROWD SCREAMING...
THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MSG SHOW!!!

n0warefast2012
The Karate Kid

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether you think incubus is in their prime right now, they are unarguable at the height of their popularity....and tomorrow night theyre playing at the most prestigious venue of the entire tour...tomorrow night at MSG has the potential to be the best concert incubus has ever played

IT FAILED TO DO THIS. DAMN.

Last edited by PJINCFAN on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bonbag
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJINCFAN wrote:
i actually just read this whole entire thread thought of a few more things:
1. THE PIT SITUATION.
You are at a incubus show, not hatebreed, not shattered realm. this is not a pit show, there shouldn;t even have been a pit and should have had the standard seats in the front. if you wanna pit or mosh or dance, come to a hardcore show and i will kick you in the face. it;s incubus, enjoy the great music.

just wanted to say I loved the Shattered Realm reference. Saw them down here in Florida but it's nothing like a good NJ or NYHC show. Sometimes I miss Jersey. Sad
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

Haha yea they are amaaaaaazing...
but honestly u get where im comin from with the SR reference...this isn't a pit show. i cant stand going to shows when their are gay pits...back in the day people were trying to "mosh" to summer romance haha. homos.
justmenat
Zeta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

[quote="PJINCFAN"][color=blue][/color]
Good show tonite. however i really feel that it lacked soem energy... I am only going to complain a little bit but thats okay. there "hit single" drive very nice remix...i thught it was funny that it took a majority of the crowd half of the song to realize what song was even being played haha. so that song lacked the sing along. also for 55 bucks only 19 songs? last time i saw them in NYC at hamemrstein ballroom, they played 25 songs a night, with a smaller catalouge to work with. They did not mix up the set either from NJ to NYC

Huge Compliments:
PISTOLA IS AMAZING LIVE. i really love this song. it sounds much better live then on the album.

i was also sittin there thinkin to myself. they really dont have a great sing along closing song. espcially the nite before they closed wit the warmth. Great song dont get me wrong.
BUT PARDON ME BLEW THE FUCKIN ROOF off.. it was a nice surprise for me, i figured they couldnt leave this out of the set. great ending to a great day in the city.

wish they would have played calgone, or deep inside, but its all good.
can't wait for tonite.[/quote]

LACKED ENERGY??? WHAT SHOW WERE U AT??? MAYBE YOU HAD A SHITTY DAY OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE ALL OF THEM WERE AMPED AND RIPPING EVERY FUCKING SONG.
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

nah man i had a great day in the city, saw farenheiht 9/11 had a good dinner. the show lacked energy. people are at a fuckin show at MSG sing a long for christ sake, im not personally bashing you, im sure ya had a great time. i dont know how you can go to a show and hear people talking over the music and singing...its crazy...im just spoiled wit RHCP and PJ shows at MSG...thas all...world's most famour arena = average show. IMO
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with most of what you said but how can you say there shouldnt be a pit....this may not be some heavy metal mosh pit band, but thats no reason to say everyone should be in their seats....you still wann move around and get into it.....and thanks for bringing up my quote about the potential of MSG - u can see why im so bitter about last nights concert--- incubus damn well knows that t hey could make a huge impression by breaking out old fan favorites and less known songs- but they pretty much folded under the pressure of the MSG crowd resulting in playing the setlist that they did...
PJINCFAN
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: re: NYC, NY - MSG - June 25, 2004 Reply with quote

i was in section 102 last night...and enjoyed every moment of my moving arund standing in front of my seat.
i think the moshing at incubus shows died wit MV...ive seen them tour on every album excpet FA and i dont know about the moshing things. to summer romance? or warning come on? what is the need for that. ill admit usually at a show like this the only people in the pit are drunk tough guys.. thats it...but yea im with you on the whole MSG thing...mayb should have started on the west coast and worked east.
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with most of what you said but how can you say there shouldnt be a pit....this may not be some heavy metal mosh pit band, but thats no reason to say everyone should be in their seats....you still wann move around and get into it.....and thanks for bringing up my quote about the potential of MSG - u can see why im so bitter about last nights concert--- incubus damn well knows that t hey could make a huge impression by breaking out old fan favorites and less known songs- but they pretty much folded under the pressure of the MSG crowd resulting in playing the setlist that they did...
djassknuckles
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowherefast, you need to stop crying like a little bitch. just because they didnt play the songs you wanted to hear doesnt mean the show sucked. first of all, you said aclotm sucks, so that alone shows how far you have your head up your ass. second of all, you cant expect the band to not play any of its most popular songs just because you dont wanna hear them. the concert last night fuckin blew me away, i saw the same exact show the night before in AC and it fuckin blew me away then also. so stop whining like a 10 year old girl about how they folded under whatever pressure you're talking about and keep in mind that bands have to play to the demand of all of their fans, not just hardcore ones who wanna see the entirety of s.c.i.e.n.c.e. and a bunch of rarities played. if you didnt like the show then boo fuckin hoo, better luck next time pal.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djassknuckles wrote:
nowherefast, you need to stop crying like a little bitch. just because they didnt play the songs you wanted to hear doesnt mean the show sucked. first of all, you said aclotm sucks, so that alone shows how far you have your head up your ass. second of all, you cant expect the band to not play any of its most popular songs just because you dont wanna hear them. the concert last night fuckin blew me away, i saw the same exact show the night before in AC and it fuckin blew me away then also. so stop whining like a 10 year old girl about how they folded under whatever pressure you're talking about and keep in mind that bands have to play to the demand of all of their fans, not just hardcore ones who wanna see the entirety of s.c.i.e.n.c.e. and a bunch of rarities played. if you didnt like the show then boo fuckin hoo, better luck next time pal.

Very true. Very good. You made MSG up to be the best show they are ever going to play? Seriously, whats wrong with you? MSG is not the end all, its the second show in the US tour. I think its completely natural that theyve been playing around the world for 3 monthes, and they are back in their home country and are still getting comfortable. You expect so much out of them so early, its ridiculous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: