FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenie
Zeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

i don't think AC was a better show ... but i liked the song selection there a little bit more since we got green and a few others ... but AC could not compare to the energy of philly.
if you check back in the AC post, i said i thought the band was a little too serious, but philly took care of that with all the talking (and shouts out to philly) and the covers. put them both together and i had an incredible incubus experience ....
MadMatt
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

Well, I just preordered Live in Sweden. I hope they do a Philly, that would be INCREDIBLE!
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

I've been reading this message board and the one over at enjoyincubus.com and I noticed that there sure are alot of whiny Incubus fans. I was at the AC show and the Philly one and I think they were both damn good. Damn good. But then I read through messages and I see people whining about a shitty setlist or a shitty crowd or shitty people that didn't know songs off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. Who gives a shit about these things? Be happy you're at the concert and enjoy it, even if others aren't enjoying it as much as you are.

Wow, you know songs off of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Fungus Amongus... you're so fuckin cool. I'll admit that I've barely listened to Fungus Amongus and that I wasn't too big of a fan of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. when I first listened to it, but the more I listened the more I started to like it and now I think it's the shit. As a matter of fact, I wasn't a big fan of Incubus until a friend of mine introduced me to them through Morning View. Then I went back and started listening to Make Yourself and then S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and I'm just now starting to listen to Fungus Amongus. Does that make me any less of a fan?

And so what if the crowd isn't "into it" as much as you are? I don't go to concerts for the crowds; I go to concerts for the band and for the music. If the guy next to me is sitting down, I don't give a shit. And I don't think I'm better than anyone who can't sing along with the rarer songs.... maybe they just haven't gotten into them that deep yet. As long as they came out to see the band that's cool with me.... and as long as they aren't head-banging into my back or screaming into my ear.

The point is this: be happy that you're at the fuckin concert. Don't get all hung up on what kind of hotdogs they have at the concession stand or how clean the bathrooms are or how hot or cold it is in the building or any other shit that doesn't matter. As long as you, the band, and their instruments are in the arena, have a good time.

With that out of the way, and I oughta catch a whole bunch of shit for this one, but does anyone know who won the Y100 Las Vegas grand prize or when they are doing the drawing for it? I was one of the people who won tickets and I didn't know what was happening with the Las Vegas thing. It's a funny story actually..... I just got home from a fucking terrible day of work and had to take a huge dump. I grabbed my cell phone and headed into the bathroom where I began making my calls. I couldn't even hear the radio, I just hit redial over and over again and eventually I got through. It's a good thing I was on the toilet though, cause I would have shit my pants. I've never won one of those stupid call-in things. All those times I called in to Nickelodeon's Slime-Time and got that bullshit busy signal or when me and my brother tried to win the Batmobile from MTV.... bastards. Anyway, what's up with Las Vegas, anyone know anything? I gotta know whether or not I need to gather up my college savings for the trip.

-"BlackJack" Kevin
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all well and good but the lack of crowd energy during Crowded Elevator at Philly made me enjoy it a little less. I heard people singing along but I couldn't see any of them. I kinda felt like the only person that knew the song. Does it make me a bad person that I enjoyed the song a little less because I felt alone listening to it? Are movies not better when you watch them with others? It's all the same. You enjoy the show and block people out but I get distracted when people are looking at me wierd when I sing along to Crowded Elevator or some asshole behind me spills beer on my dads back. Am I less a fan?
MadMatt
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there and was singing, I actually like the idea of knowing more of their songs than other people.
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

I didn't say anything about being less of a fan or a bad person but maybe you need to worry a little less about what everyone else is doing. Thinking about it now, I don't think I heard one other person singing along to any song the whole concert, but I had a great time while I belted 'em out. Besides that, some people just don't like to sing; what's so wrong with that? Who wants everyone to be singing along anyway? I hate it when the people are so loud that I can't hear the band.

Maybe you should look at it from someone else's point of view. Imagine someone sitting behind you and screaming every single lyric into your ears... are you enjoying yourself? That shit happened to me at a Stone Sour concert and it ruined the whole show for me. Who wants to listen to some jackass trying to sing over the lead singer..... maybe they should go outside the building and put on thier own concert.

I mean damn, I didn't see any Police fans up in arms about no one knowing "De Do Do Do...."
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

And what does someone spilling beer on your dad have to do with anything? Was the crowd so devoid of energy that they couldn't even hold thier cups up?

And still no word on Y100? Anyone? Bueller? .........Bueller?
MadMatt
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1 Philly picture posted so far. I didnt take picture, so anyone that did could you please post em?
MadMatt
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW thank you Amy for posting. Nice pic!
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying that it's hard to not pay attention to others when they are spilling beer on you. That would take a little away from any experience for anyone.
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

There are subtle differences between people not singing along to a song and people spilling alcoholic beverages on you. I can understand not being too happy about that, but that's not what I'm talking about. You're getting all bent out of shape because people weren't acting the way you wanted them too. And if someone is spilling beer on you than that is something you need to take care of yourself (security guard, drop-kick, etc.). Not enjoying a concert because everyone isn't as into it as you are is a waste of an experience.

Now that I think about it, I remember that the two people in front of me were sitting down for most of the concert. But you know what I was doing? Enjoying myself. It's not all that difficult to accomplish.
shananigans__
New Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

i belted out every lyric to every song as did the guys standing beside me. the music was so loud that when i looked over at these guys i was only able to see their mouths moving so i doubt my screaming annoyed anyone. and if it did, well that's just my way of getting into the music.

i've been an incubus fan since fungus amongus. does that mean i'm more of a fan than you? no, it doesn't. i guess what annoys me is all of these girls who heard "drive" on the radio, find brandon extremely attractive and have the nerve to frown upon me during a concert just because i have a diff. way of showing my enthusiasm. these are the people whom i don't consider real fans. i recall a moment before the concert when a group of girls sat behind me and gushed over the fact that brandon would be right in front of them, one of the girls was even sporting an "i love brandon" on their arm. i remember saying to my friend rachel at the time, "i wonder.. if brandon was fat and ugly, how many people would still be in this room." i think we all know the answer to this question. it makes me angry. i love incubus for their music and for the way they make me feel when i listen to them. i could be in the worst mood, pop in one of their CDs, and that's it - nirvana, as i like to call it. and the lyrics, the message that is being sent... turns out brandon isn't just a sex symbol ladies but a very intelligent man with intelligent things to say. and that's my rant.
cliffside87
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

its annoying when incubus takes out "crowded elevator" and you are soooo siked and people just dont know the song....what amkes a great concert is many things.....i agree, all that REALLY matters is the band and their playing....but the crowd that your surrounded by def effects you....If they are all siked about C.E. then your siked and you can go fuckin nuts....There is this energy thast emmited, and when some teenies are yelling "DRIVE!" it jst puts a small damper on ur experiece. Its allll about the energy that crowd is giving off. Anyone hear me?
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

shananigans__ wrote:
i belted out every lyric to every song as did the guys standing beside me. the music was so loud that when i looked over at these guys i was only able to see their mouths moving so i doubt my screaming annoyed anyone. and if it did, well that's just my way of getting into the music.

Okay, let me get this straight: it's okay if you ruin someone else's time because of your singing but it's not okay if they ruin yours by not being as excited as you would like them to be? I don't get it.

shananigans__ wrote:
i've been an incubus fan since fungus amongus. does that mean i'm more of a fan than you? no, it doesn't.

I agree. Maybe you should explain that to the people that think they're the coolest thing since Kool-Aid because they know the lyrics to "Crowded Elevator."

shananigans__ wrote:
i've been an incubus fan since fungus amongus. does that mean i'm more of a fan than you? no, it doesn't. i guess what annoys me is all of these girls who heard "drive" on the radio, find brandon extremely attractive and have the nerve to frown upon me during a concert just because i have a diff. way of showing my enthusiasm. these are the people whom i don't consider real fans. i recall a moment before the concert when a group of girls sat behind me and gushed over the fact that brandon would be right in front of them, one of the girls was even sporting an "i love brandon" on their arm. i remember saying to my friend rachel at the time, "i wonder.. if brandon was fat and ugly, how many people would still be in this room." i think we all know the answer to this question. it makes me angry. i love incubus for their music and for the way they make me feel when i listen to them. i could be in the worst mood, pop in one of their CDs, and that's it - nirvana, as i like to call it. and the lyrics, the message that is being sent... turns out brandon isn't just a sex symbol ladies but a very intelligent man with intelligent things to say. and that's my rant.

Who cares if people who (according to you) aren't "real fans" are frowning at you? If something like that can ruin a concert for you maybe it's best you stick to the bootlegs. Let people like the band for whatever reasons they want. As long as you know why you like them, what's it matter? Besides, we all know that teenage girls control the music charts and if they hadn't have liked "Drive," the Incubus guys may never have blown up and then they wouldn't be playing at The Wachovia Center or inciting riots on message boards. Speaking from experience, I may never have gotten into Incubus if "Drive" wasn't being pounded into my head for so many weeks. I hated that shit when it first came out.

[quote="cliffside87"]its annoying when incubus takes out "crowded elevator" and you are soooo siked and people just dont know the song....what amkes a great concert is many things.....i agree, all that REALLY matters is the band and their playing....but the crowd that your surrounded by def effects you....If they are all siked about C.E. then your siked and you can go fuckin nuts....There is this energy thast emmited, and when some teenies are yelling "DRIVE!" it jst puts a small damper on ur experiece. Its allll about the energy that crowd is giving off. Anyone hear me?
Quote:

I don't see why it's annoying. Maybe they are computer illiterate and haven't been able to download it or don't own a copy of When Incubus Attacks: Volume 1. I was all sorts of pumped when I heard "Crowded Elevator" start. So pumped as a matter of fact that I didn't even notice what anyone else was doing. I just clapped, yelled, and sang along.

I do see how people yelling out requests for the singles can be annoying, but maybe they're just yelling out for it because that's the song that got them hooked and it's special to them or some shit like that. And it's not their fault that they're "Teenies." I mean c'mon, what were you doing when you were a "Teenie?"

If a crowd affects you so much that you can't enjoy the concert.... I don't know what to say. That sucks I guess but maybe you should be a little more into the band than the crowd, ya know? I mean it just sounds like everyone enjoys the idea of being a fan more than the music itself. I get all the energy I need straight from the source.
shananigans__
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

"Okay, let me get this straight: it's okay if you ruin someone else's time because of your singing but it's not okay if they ruin yours by not being as excited as you would like them to be? I don't get it. "

nobody ruined my time, are you kidding me? if you're referring to the girls that were flashing me dirty looks, well that was just a simple observation, it amused me if anything. -- when i'm at the concert and my favorite band is performing i barely pay attention to those surrounding me, i could care less how excited they are. as far as i'm concerned it's just incubus and myself.

as for the highly annoying "teenie" fans, you're right, why do i care? maybe it is a bit petty and i honestly wish it didn't bother me but it does and apparently i'm not the only one.
Irish Bastard
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how bout that philly show?

Don't get off topic anymore damnit.
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

Shit I just noticed I screwed up my last post, fuckin quotes......

Quote:
when i'm at the concert and my favorite band is performing i barely pay attention to those surrounding me, i could care less how excited they are. as far as i'm concerned it's just incubus and myself.

Good, then you're not the type of person I'm referring to. You look at it the same way I do: me and the band. My beef ain't with you.

As for the "teenies," don't get me wrong, I hate 'em too, but what do you really expect from teenage girls? They're either gonna be dressed in goth and hate everyone or they're gonna be half-dressed in nothing and flirting with guys. Don't worry, one day they'll hate "teenies" too.
Irish Bastard
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try this again.....

So how bout that philly show?

Don't get off topic anymore damnit.
User421
New Skin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

Sorry boss, but this is about the Philly show. People are bitchin and moaning because of how "uninformed" some people in the crowd were. I'm just wondering what happened to enjoying the concert for the music.
MadMatt
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on topic yes.... Philly was great! hope they do a live DVD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: