FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unabletocomply
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most positive feedback from any show ive seen. awesome Smile

"Does it break my heart, of course, every moment of every day, into more pieces than my heart was made of, I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, I never thought about things at all, everything changed, the distance that wedged itself between me and my happiness wasn't the world, it wasn't the bombs and burning buildings, it was me, my thinking, the cancer of never letting go, is ignorance bliss, I don't know, but it's so painful to think, and tell me, what did thinking ever do for me, to what great place did thinking ever bring me? I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Got back just now. Got a little lost.

This show was amazing and I've never heard Brandon say so many nice things throughout a show about the place they were in. He at least said "Thank you" or "Cheers" after almost every song.
When they left the stage, before the encore, so many people just lit lighters and screamed for like 10 minutes. And it really was amazing to see that. And when Brandon came out he said, "I don't want to ruin the moment. Look at this. It's like 1978 in here. Alright, I'm gonna try to play guitar." And then he went into Pantomime.
Amazing show. Brandon's constant thank you's made it even more amazing.
And I swear, I never really liked Priceless but that fucking song can't get any better live. Brandon's energy and voice are awesome and Mike's solo is crazy good.
Best show.
Josh is Deep Inside
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

Shit, I'm all excited and happy just reading your posts on it.

September 28th should be a day to remember for me then!
Irish Bastard
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just goign to repost my review because it's going to get lost in the 2nd page...so here it is:

Quote:
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!

Rich (GerRrber) wrote the list down & will have it up soon.

Chairs!?! Who the hell has seats??? I didn't mind though cause I was 11 rows back, dead center stage.

Philly was by far the best show on the tour so far. Incubus knew it too, they were so pumped up, they totally fueled off of the crowd. We (the crowd) were amazing. Everyone was so into every song. The energy flowing through the room is just so great.

Like always, they opened with Megalomaniac to get the crowd flowing and then Nice To Know You to get everyone into it.

Ben, Brandon and Jose seem to be doing their drum special at every show but once the 3 of them were all finished, it was Jose all by himself. I must say, he played his heart out. He must of went on for 10 minutes all on his own. Jose never slowed up and never missed a beat. When that was all over, Ben came out and hugged him and Brandon was just pointing and smiling at Jose for such a job well done.

Coming back from the encore, Brandon came out and noticed all of the lighters that people had lit and said "Oh man, this is great, it looks like 1978 in here. You guys are amazing."
Hundreds of people had the lighters and it was truly beautiful (so what if I sound corny...but its true)

I'm going to sound corny again but just looking around the arena and seeing everyone singing the songs and not one person sitting down is just really awesome. To look around and know that everyone is there to see that one band and thats something you have in common with 20,000 people for a few hours. Wow.

Thats bring about something else Brandon Boyd said tonight.
"You guys live in a generation where things are just so messed up and so much is going on around you. The entire band just want to say 'Thank You' for coming out tonight and listening to rock music. Because coming together is what it's all about. Cheers Philadelphia!"
-That is the entire quote from what I can remember, although I am pretty sure that was all of it.

Such a great night and easily the best Incubus show I have ever seen....
No wait...take every single show I have ever seen, put them in a blender, and they dont even come close to this concert.

I wish I could thank the band for such an incredible night and I truly hope someone recorded this show somehow or another.

Rock on everyone.

P G
Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, sounds like a great show, hope we get some mp3s!
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just for the sake of fun, I'd just like to point out that Brandon's pants were oddly short. That guy definitely does have an odd sense of style.
melted plasteel
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

Pardon me while I shed a tear. I hope my concert is half as amazing and interactive is that.
Muse
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

one day when I'm rich I'm gonna go to America and go on a road trip... and go see incubus on their entire tour.

that set looked amazing. i have a feeling that they might release it as a bootleg. and you can quote me on that.
high-c
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

definately one of the best shows ive ever been too...rivals the Incubus/Soad at the Troc years ago...

the setlist was average (but we got crowded elevators!), way too much morning view (3 songs in a row from there at one point), but what made the night was their performence. never seen a band so musically on point...they were in such a good mood

the vitamin drum solo is asbolutely amazing...jose's got mad skills

i gotta catch another show on this tour....Hershey's a bit too far for tonight, but maybe when it rolls back around at the last leg
greenjestur
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray that this is released as a bootleg... the energy of the show was absolutely amazing, the crowd was so into the concert, and was going crazy right before the encore. One of the most amazing events I've ever been to. I can't wait to hear some mp3's..... I really hope someone captured that.
justin314
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerrrber wrote:
What a fucking show.... has to be one of the best on the tour hands down.

Set:

Megalomaniac
Nice To Know You
Idiot Box
Just A Phase
Circles
Wish You Were Here
Crowded Elevator
Here In My Room
My Girl (cover)
Drive (remix)
Vitamin/Drum Solo/Everything is Dead
Stellar/Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (cover)/Stellar
Pistola
A Crow Left Of The Murder
Talk Shows On Mute
Sick Sad Little World
Are You In?
//
Pantomime
Under My Umbrella
The Warmth

Everybody on stage tonight was incredible. Everyone was filled with energy especially Jose and Brandon. The crowd was amazing too.. My ears are still ringing from the encore chant.. so fucking loud it was unbeleivable.

Brandon - "Philly you never let us down. Points to Philly. You guys fuckin rock."

someone else mentioned priceless. was it played? i have been keeping track of what they play. and i have a running dialogue here of what i think about it. i don't mean to dampen the mood. all you people's excitement is great. but is this the morning view tour pt. 2? 6 songs from that album. the same amount as from the new album. what's going on here? i know, they are playing what is most popular here. but there are those of us that would rather here older stuff mixed in more than they are doing. play some make yourself other than the singles and the warmth(which could have been a single too), please! i mean, at least give me the title track and throw in new skin or nebula from science and i will be happy. i could ask for more than that, but i think this is reasonable.
Pravado
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

FinalFarewell wrote:
I'm hoping they play them tomorrow night in Hershey...am I crazy for wanting to go again? Those who saw Wlikes Barre will back me up, they were absolutlely incredible. Smile

yea they were fucking amazing in Wilkes Barre. Damn, I wish they played Crowded Elevator and Under My Umbrella but who cares...WE GOT TMTYL lol
high-c
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin314 wrote:
gerrrber wrote:
What a fucking show.... has to be one of the best on the tour hands down.

Set:

Megalomaniac
Nice To Know You
Idiot Box
Just A Phase
Circles
Wish You Were Here
Crowded Elevator
Here In My Room
My Girl (cover)
Drive (remix)
Pistola
Talk Shows On Mute
Sick Sad Little World
Are You In?
//
Pantomime
Under My Umbrella
The Warmth

Everybody on stage tonight was incredible. Everyone was filled with energy especially Jose and Brandon. The crowd was amazing too.. My ears are still ringing from the encore chant.. so fucking loud it was unbeleivable.

Brandon - "Philly you never let us down. Points to Philly. You guys fuckin rock."

someone else mentioned priceless. was it played? i have been keeping track of what they play. and i have a running dialogue here of what i think about it. i don't mean to dampen the mood. all you people's excitement is great. but is this the morning view tour pt. 2? 6 songs from that album. the same amount as from the new album. what's going on here? i know, they are playing what is most popular here. but there are those of us that would rather here older stuff mixed in more than they are doing. play some make yourself other than the singles and the warmth(which could have been a single too), please! i mean, at least give me the title track and throw in new skin or nebula from science and i will be happy. i could ask for more than that, but i think this is reasonable.

priceless was played and it kicked ass...Mike shines in that song

I think we just have to accept the fact that the setlists will heavily focus on MV and ACLOTM songs. If you think about it, prior to MV they couldnt even sell out mid sized clubs. Most of their fans now probably got hooked on to them after MV came out. Kinda sucks for the old school fans, but I know when Incubus played crowded elevators last night, most of the place didnt know the song and was one of the only "quiet" parts of the show. Vitamin and Idiot Box got a better reception, but the crowd went crazy for the MV and ACLOTM songs
ShadeOfGreen
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Philidelphia Turn Out Reply with quote

I was up at the Philidelphia show last night, WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!! Any from harford county, maryland go??? let me know. Only thing i "disliked?" was that the show on the 28th had played Magic Medicine and A Certain Shade Of Green, that would of been bad ass to hear, but other than that what a damn great show!
Josh is Deep Inside
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: re: Philidelphia Turn Out Reply with quote

Go there------->That Side of the Floor
Poole
Stellar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they did play Priceless and it was amazing. Mike does shine there, and Brandon is amazing too.
ShadeOfGreen
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt that close i was back on the lowest section in the seats. But i had a grip on section 3 on the floor but ticket master time ran out. but i still had pretty good seats and the show a awesome.
greenie
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: re: Philadelphia, PA - June 29, 2004 Reply with quote

great review pubah ... the crowd was incredible. i agree there was a bit too much MV, but as said before, it was the energy that made this show great. i think the AC set list was a bit better, but philly had the band in a great mood ... and cool covers!!

i wish i could go to another show! maybe down in DC in the fall ...
justin
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="high-c"][quote="justin314"][quote="gerrrber"]What a fucking show.... has to be one of the best on the tour hands down.

Set:

Megalomaniac
Nice To Know You
Idiot Box
Just A Phase
Circles
Wish You Were Here
Crowded Elevator
Here In My Room
My Girl (cover)
Drive (remix)
Pistola
Talk Shows On Mute
Sick Sad Little World
Are You In?
//
Pantomime
Under My Umbrella
The Warmth

Brandon - "Philly you never let us down. Points to Philly. You guys fuckin rock."[/quote]

someone else mentioned priceless. was it played? i have been keeping track of what they play. and i have a running dialogue here of what i think about it. i don't mean to dampen the mood. all you people's excitement is great. but is this the morning view tour pt. 2? 6 songs from that album. the same amount as from the new album. what's going on here? i know, they are playing what is most popular here. but there are those of us that would rather here older stuff mixed in more than they are doing. play some make yourself other than the singles and the warmth(which could have been a single too), please! i mean, at least give me the title track and throw in new skin or nebula from science and i will be happy. i could ask for more than that, but i think this is reasonable.[/quote]

priceless was played and it kicked ass...Mike shines in that song

I think we just have to accept the fact that the setlists will heavily focus on MV and ACLOTM songs. If you think about it, prior to MV they couldnt even sell out mid sized clubs. Most of their fans now probably got hooked on to them after MV came out. Kinda sucks for the old school fans, but I know when Incubus played crowded elevators last night, most of the place didnt know the song and was one of the only "quiet" parts of the show. Vitamin and Idiot Box got a better reception, but the crowd went crazy for the MV and ACLOTM songs[/quote]

i know why they are playing what they are playing. but i still feel like they could mix in more old stuff. i already saw the morning view tour and then again on lolla. i would rather hear more of make yourself. i am not even begging for fungus and science. i can totally understand them not playing that. but why not much make yourself?
R0xyRipCurl
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadMatt wrote:
YES! Got the live in Japan cd today! Life is good indeed Smile

OH! you have GOT to let me know where you picked that up at
It's better than I ever knew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: