FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the heads up man. How close to the ACC do you live? I'm kinda worried about where to leave my bike now. I'm not very familiar with Toronto.. Any good ideas on where to put it til the concert is over? Thanks..

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geographically speaking, I don't live very close to the ACC. But I do live relatively close to the subway, and it's a 40 minute subway ride to the ACC.

Let me know what your plans are for the event, and I'll see if I can help you out.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

So far my plans are going to be to arrive in Toronto on the 6th (day of the concert) at around 3-4 pm with my girlfriend. I believe we are going to find a cheap hotel for the night once we get there. Neither one of us have a credit card so we have to put a cash deposit whereever we stay, which isn't too bad cause it'll just be gas money back to NB. Where the concert starts at 7pm, I don't want to be too far from ACC however. Like I said earlier, I don't know Toronto too well and I imagine traffic will probably be intense when we arrive there. Any tips would be 'greatly' appreciated. The more knowledge the better in this case. I do not want to miss any of the concert. Know I kinda have some worries on leaving the bike anywheres when we get there. I'll be pulling a spark plug out for sure,,, hopefully throw someone off if they don't have a truck Smile So other than that I am getting pretty excited to say the least.. 34 days to go.. Dropping another 1300 into the bike before than as well.. new exhaust, etc.. Well there it is.. roughly as I can telll at this time..

Peace Bro
tweek
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

yay! Very Happy

i just bought my tickets for the toronto show! i'm coming in from montreal.

i can't wait!!! i'm so excited!! i've been waiting so long to see them in concert!

~when she woke in the morning
she knew that her life had passed her by
and she called out a warning
don't ever let life pass you by~
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pullling a spark plug won't help, they just load the bikes up into vans. Sorry to freak you out, but I've had three friends get their bikes stolen now (one guy had two bikes stolen), and that's how the thieves did it.

As long as you're in a solid indoor/underground/covered parking spot though, you'll be fine. Downside, it'll cost you a fortune.

Cheap hotel? TORONTO? Wow, you don't get out here much...

Under regular circumstances, I'd be happy to put you up at my place, but I'm going to be staying with a buddy who lives closer to the ACC, and I'm preparing to sell my condo, so basically I'm painting the whole thing on the weekend before the show, then taking off and letting it dry. If there's any way for you to come up the day before though, maybe I can work something out.

Though I must say that coming into town and heading towards the ACC is easy. It's virtually impossible for you to get lost (finding parking, however, is another issue).
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided we'll be timing it to arrive in Toronto after reading your last post. I was on-line earlier and did a search for some hotels for a descent price and found some in a 20 km radius. How much would we be talking to put the bike in an underground parking somewhat close (walking distance) to the arena?? I want to try and make it into Toronto no later than 3pm now.. Anyways that is going to be a long day... again will traffic be rough between 3:30-6:30 in that area , with the concert filling up? Or does the traffic flow pretty smooth near there? Any info my man.. I'll buy ya a beer.. Smile

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, don't worry about buying me a beer, I'll have plenty in me beforehand.

If you want to park right downtown, first, you have to find a good spot, which could take more time than you've got, then you have to pay, usually about $3 per half hour, unless you get a flat rate.

I would recommend staying at a hotel with covered parking, leaving your bike there, then taking the subway or GO transit into the ACC. The ACC is readily accessible by all types of city and inter-city transit. Subway, for the most part, is the fastest form of travel in Toronto.

Traffic downtown is usually ok, but heavy, so if one thing goes wrong, it can turn into a bad situation. There's always road repairs going on downtown, so I normally discourage people from driving down there.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl, well thanks for all the tips man. I don't think we'll be able to afford a hotel with underground parking, but I'll probably try to find a cheap one near a subway. However I just want this whole trip to go as smooth as possible. The less glitches the better (a few makes for a roadtrip, an overload makes for a headache Smile ) Well i can hardly wait, it'll be nice to see what there is going to be for new merchandise as well.. l

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your hotel budget? I've got a few places in mind, but I need to know what you can spend.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much more than 100.00, we're just barley able to make this concert. i just missed a day at work which is not very helpful either. There were a few over the internet for around that price, (comfort inn, days inn etc) there not real close to the ACC however and we will not have much time for getting lost when we arrive. It is going to be tight as can be no matter what we do. All for it to see Incubus though. This is going to be so awesome!!

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

http://www.bondplacehoteltoronto.com/reservations.htm - from $89 a night

https://www.bookdirect.com/?source=X7EeFHztooJg&rih=1&ifa=3 - from $89 a night

I think I might be able to put you up at my place (or find someplace for you to stay) if you can get here on the 5th. No guarantees, but it would save you some cash, and you'd have time to have a few beers and stuff before the show.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, that's mighty kewl of ya. We should be alright for the 5th and 7th for lodging. My cousin lives in Lancaster 4 hrs away. It'll just be the night of the concert where we will be somewhere in Toronto. What are your plans for after the concert? I'm not sure how much we'll have left after we buy some shirts and stuff, but do you know of any good places to check out (weather being good or bad).

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok, I know where Lancaster is.

In that case, I would suggest that you leave really early on the morning of the 6th, and see whether you can get to my place before 1:00 pm. I live on the eastern edge of Toronto, so you wouldn't have to deal with traffic. You can park at my place for free. The only catch is that you would have to get there early, because I might be taking off to jam with some of my buddies and have a few beers before the show. I'd be driving to my buddy's place, then we'd take the subway from there.

I can't really confirm that right now, because he doesn't have his holidays booked yet, but if you want to park your bike and sleep somewhere for free, all you need to do is get to Toronto before 1:00 on the 6th.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the offer man. Appreciate it. I'm still not sure exactly what our plans are going to be but the gesture is very welcome. i mentioned it to the girl I'll be heading up there with and for her it'll just kind of be a wait and see thing I think, based on how much money we have, etc. The other thing for me, is that if we can get to Toronto early enough in the afternoon.. we would be able to maybe check out some of the dowtown sites etc. I may even just have to pawn my xbox or something for a week so that we can go up in the Cn Tower. I think that would be kewl. Like I said though, we just have to play it by day for now and see what happens. I'll keep you posted though. Well going fishing for the day, hope you have a good day..

Peace
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CN Tower is OVERRATED. You get to pay almost as much as you paid for your Incubus tickets to ride up and down an elevator. For me, the big sites to see in T.O. are:

1) Royal Ontario Museum
2) Hockey Hall of Fame
3) Eaton Centre
4) Walking through the Annex/university of Toronto
5) Driving through the Bridle Path (most expensive place to live in Canada)
6) The Keg Mansion on Church and Jarvis
7) Shops and art galleries in Yorkville (and I don't even like shops and art galleries)

Of course, I think I'm a bit older than you, so our tastes will likely be somewhat different, but IMO, the best part about visiting Toronto is the city itself, not all the tourist attractions.

If you wanted to take off and do your own thing in the afternoon, I could still drive you to my buddy's anyway (he lives really close to downtown, then you could take the subway), then you could meet us back there after the show.

Or, if my buddy can't get the day off, I'll give you my own sightseeing tour.

Pm me and I can give you my email/MSN info if you want.
Sedated experiment
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 29 days to go, the countdown is on Smile

Peace
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 28 days to go, the countdown is on Smile

Peace
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 27 days to go Smile
flameofchoice
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 19 days to go now Smile So close yet so far away .. I haven't been on too much lately, trying to find a new job right now..

peace
part of the queue
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

clarkch...i'm about to bid on some vips for the toronto show, and i wanted to know what your ebay name is so i don't outbid you...if you could hook me up with that, that would be right on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: