FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
part of the queue
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

clarkch, i'm gonn go ahead and almost confirm the setlist...everything is right, except you left out pistola and talk shows on mute.
in my opinion, excellent setlist...my only complaint, if you want to call it that, i that there was only 2 songs from make yourself.
the lights were amazing...no video screens this time around, but it was delicious all the same.
sick sad little world was nothing short of amazing...probably some of the best musicianship i've ever seen...the extended solo was mind boggling...it had brandon playing some bongos, and him singing "the world is a drought when out of love"...i almost shat myself...

some quotable quotes of the night: (all spoken by brandon)
- a special anouncement...the party afterwards is at bens.
- i don't know the words right here (crowd cheering really loud). don't cheer that i don't know the words (more cheering). i'll just make stuff up. this is a guitar...(during my girl)
- thats the best you guys can come up with?...fuck

there was many more things said by him, which i couldn't really make out...if anyone could fill me in, that would be wicked cool.
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pistola! That's the one I left out. I'm pretty sure Talk Shows on Mute is in there, though.
Sedated experiment
bed chemist
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

Fuck, that triple drum solo made my jaw hit the floor.
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

the former pinkfloydcubus wrote:
sick sad little world was nothing short of amazing...probably some of the best musicianship i've ever seen...the extended solo was mind boggling...it had brandon playing some bongos, and him singing "the world is a drought when out of love"...i almost shat myself...

some quotable quotes of the night: (all spoken by brandon)
- a special anouncement...the party afterwards is at bens.
- i don't know the words right here (crowd cheering really loud). don't cheer that i don't know the words (more cheering). i'll just make stuff up. this is a guitar...(during my girl)
- thats the best you guys can come up with?...fuck

That first part about Sick Sad Little World sounds fucking amazing. And haha, those are some funny quotes.
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that right there is what turned my fiancée (the girl I was with) into a HUGE fan.
Sedated experiment
incognita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree sick sad little world sounded pretty good and the drum and chris's solo was a nice mix to the show...to top it off those quotes are even funnier when u see them written and u got the setlist down pack mr. pinkfloyd...but anyways...the show to my liking was alright probably b/c i don;t think this record is one of there best and they played a lot from it..but what do expect right... i was a little disappointed with the set list no pardon me, or stellar but vocally and musically they sounded incredible ....i was standing pretty much near Ben the whole show...he's was awesome he really got into it with the crowd he actually was watching and was amazed by the crowd it was a cool thing to see... but i did notice that thing that i think clarkch was saying about how the band didn;t seem to be extremely energic they seem tired? laxed? i don;t different than other shows i have seen. BUt Overall i'm happy i went..eventhough there lastest could of been better cause we all know they have the potential...good music only comes from true talented artist that not only can make a melody but who can enhance and perfect that art live and make it an memorable experience and thats the beauty of incubus..
mandrake68
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys forgot the quote about ben thanking us via brandon for the snowstorm in january. lol.

beautiful show. it was my first one, and i was completely blown away.
Muse
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

pinkfloydcubus, thanks for your detailed recount.. and i can totally relate to what you said how you nearly shat yourself in SSLW- "the world is a drought without your love"

Very Happy
morrison 73
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

Leech as a closer..? amazing! the shows & sets just keep getting better. Oh that's right, incubus are pro's.
morning view
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**This will also be posted in the setlist sticky.**

Revised Setlist: Megalomaniac, Nice to Know You, Idiot Box, Just A Phase, Priceless, Nowhere Fast, Beware!Criminal, Wish You Were Here, Here In My Room (Brandon on guitar, which then turned into "My Girl" which Brandon couldn't remember the second verse.), Drive (remix), Vitamin (AMAZING drumming from Jose, Ben, and Brandon that lasted 7.5 minutes), Made for TV Movie, Pistola, Talk Shows on Mute,Sick Sad Little World (w/ extended solo...well, a different solo was played before the one usually in the song), A Certain Shade of Green (Different Kilmore jam than usual.)

-Encore

Pantomime, Are You In?, Leech (Perfect closer.)

The show was amazing. It was my second time seeing Incubus (Hamilton 2001 - Civic Tour). Toronto fans were definetely treated last night. I saw an Incubus that I had only HEARD of before. I had never seen Incubus go into such jams. (The first show I went to had NO jams or extended solos. The songs sounded like they do on record.)

I got the feeling that Brandon was baked. But I was myself...so that could be why I thought so.

Brandon on guitar was awesome. My Girl was expected, but appreciated.

By far exceeded my expectations. Nothing could have prepared me for the drum "battle" during Certain Shade of Green which featured Jose on the drums, Ben on a mini drum, and Brandon on the bongos. It was never ending. The crowd was stunned. This went on for 7 and a half minutes that I know of. Possibly a couple minutes longer.

Overall, great show, great lighting effects and just plain amazing. If you're show is still coming up, you're a lucky bastard.
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, I thought the energy was very good. My fiancée heard about Brandon's accident with the ceramic pot a few months ago and was worried that he was going to hurt himself while he was thrashing around. Ben and Jose were really getting into it to, and Kilmore was dancing around a bit behind the turntables.

Mike, of course, was pretty much a mask of concentration throughout. He looked like he was having fun, but with the set up he's got, it's pretty much a constant battle with his pedals and effects. I'm not surprised he doesn't bounce around more. He'd get so lost. I spent like three songs just watching him hop around and hit his pedals. It's amazing he can do that so precisely while playing.

Yeah, all the breakdowns (Vitamin drum jam, SSLW extended solo and ACSOG turntable solo) were way different than either Wellington or Japan. The drum jam and ACSOG solo owned any previous extended jams, and the SSLW was about on par with Wellington, but it was way different. It was a little shorter, and the whole band was really heavily involved.
Sedated experiment
part of the queue
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

i just added some pictures that my friend took...kinda blurry, but those who were there will like them...

did anyone else see the guy in the flyerman jacket, or was he just a figment of my imagination...
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what was that about?
Sedated experiment
Davanite
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

Flyerman goes to pretty much every concert in Toronto I think. When I went to see Hoobastank there a few months ago he was running around the entire building and when I saw Foo Fighters there back in June of last year(I think) he was also there. He just runs around and annoys people basically. He dances with all the girls and they get grossed out. It's his "thing."
Think Pink
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome show. Sparta was good too. Mikey was *wicked. Jose was so cute on the drums because during his drum solo he looked so tired and just when you would think he would stop, he totally amazed you. Ben looked like he was enjoying himself, always smiling. Chris was dancing away, some songs he didn't do much work with, but others he was funky. His solo was funky, the ending was not what I would of expected. Brandon I guess was Brandon, he played the bongos. oh yah and of course he sang 2 Smile
Vacant Mindless Devotee
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: re: Toronto, ONT - Air Canada Center - July 6, 2004 Reply with quote

THATS WHAT IT SAID ON HIS JACKET! lol i coudnt read it cause he never came near my seating. The show was so friggin awsome, I loved the dj solo by Kilmore on a certain shade of green, hell i loved it all, Ben was fantastic, Mike was fantastic jose and Brandon as well were fantastic. Did anyone else see that chinease girl in the pink-ish/redish dress with the wore boots? Sparta was good but I only really liked the last song they played. To top it all off, the blue jays won too lol.
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamConcertsE2K/incubus_070604-sun.html

Review of the show. Some of it good, some of it not, as usual. I disagree with most of the points about lack of spontaneity. I don't understand how someone can say that when Ben and Jose play their parts differently every night. No mention of the ACSOG jam.

Though I wanted to hear the Warmth too, I must admit.
Sedated experiment
Think Pink
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember idiot box, i remembered new skin, vitamin and certain shade of green from science
The Cap'n
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot Box was played third, between Nice to Know You and Just a Phase.

And Brandon sang the pre-chorus differently, as he's done since they started performing it again. Methinks our reviewer wasn't paying attention. Either that, or he can't tell the difference between a lack of spontaneity and an abundance of talent.
Sedated experiment
Mystery Girl
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh "leech" as a closer??

Fuck Yeah! You guys are lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: