FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Incubus World Tour 2004 - Setlists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donutgirl
Familiar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

maybe im missing something here...but what's the big deal about not constantly radically changing setlists? unless you're following them around the country, sure, it may be nice to see a little change...but for most of us, it's more realistic to have the privelege of attending one show...& if/when that is the case...what's with bitching about the unchanging setlist? im so confused...
kismet
Familiar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

The big deal probably has to do with the fact that many people do follow them around a bit. In 2002, I travelled to three shows in my area. Quite a few fans to that, so we hope they'll shake it up a bit for us.

ymmv.
July 9, 2003
July 24, 2004
February 27, 2007
July 21, 2007
July 19th, 2009
illuminationLE11
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

Does any one else think that they should drop 'Warning' and replace it with 'Glass'. This is my only critisism. Apart from that the setlists have been spot on.
jholly36
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

Brace yourselves everyone -- but I bet they don't play Glass due to reasons concerning former band members. Dirk had a heavy influence on that song, as I recall hearing the unconfirmed rumors.....and really I think that some of these omitted songs may be omitted to avoid controversy (Leech, Glass). However, these are just my thoughts, which I am entitled to. Too bad though, more Crow at the concert would really be cool. I wonder why so many songs are left out? Maybe it is due to the high or perhaps more difficult vocal parts in songs such as Agoraphbia, Smile Lines, Leech. I just think hearing most of the Crow album live would totally rock. I'll have to settle with what they give me though! (and I'll be happy with whatever they play, I always am).
i life
Hilikus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

they play 9 fucking crow songs. that's not enough?
Rich
Privileged

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

jholly36 wrote:
Brace yourselves everyone -- but I bet they don't play Glass due to reasons concerning former band members. Dirk had a heavy influence on that song, as I recall hearing the unconfirmed rumors.....and really I think that some of these omitted songs may be omitted to avoid controversy (Leech, Glass).

If they were doing that, they wouldnt have included Leech on the album!

I would rather have Warning than Glass, but im not too botherd either way!
filthy rich by noon today
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

id definitely rather have glass than warning. thatll suck though if they dont ever play it again
That is your privilege"

illuminationLE11
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

What im trying to say is that warning is the type of song you would listen to at home, in your car, personal cd player, etc. Glass just has that 'live' energy and it would be a great shame not to hear it played again (because of the 'dirk' related issues jholly36 mentioned).

I don't dislike warning though.

I suppose you can't have everything though. I mean we've got 'Idiot Box', 'Clean', 'Consequence', even 'Magic Medicine' for f**ks sake.

I also like the fact that they're trying out a variety of tracks from crow
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

i are anglophobe. wrote:

no kidding. thats a lot off one the new album and i think just the right amount. as much as i want to hear new stuff, i want to hear older stuff too.
ZutroyGlass
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope they bring glass back instead of wish you were here or warning. THey played 5 Morning view songs and only 2 make yourself songs.

~~ Should i apologize, If what i say burns your ears and stains you eyes? ~~
Eric Marrs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

<[quote="Geckorlz"]Yes Motorzep, every band has their staple songs, but wtf, that doesnt explain why they play EVERY song in the same ORDER even every night. I mean, every NOW and then maybe one or two songs different, but thats about as big a deal as it gets.

Incubus just isnt a live band. They are great live, soundwise. But they dont do anything new, there is no desire to branch out in different directions (aka musical wandering). How about a little improv? How about a little jamming? How about just changing your songs up a bit? How bout making it something else than a traveling jukebox?[/quote]>

[color=green][/color] incubus has one of the best live performances ever. besides, what difference does it make if they play the same setlist, you arent going to watch every concert. wow.. what about the acoustic versions, is that not changing things up. improv?.. how bout the covers. jamming-check out the vitamin video, that shit is bad. think about what you are saying yo...asanine.
jholly36
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

i are anglophobe. wrote:

For me, no 9 fucking crow songs is NOT enough. Jeez! Anyway, I do not see that they CONSISTENTLY play 9 songs -- the old stuff is awesome but most of those songs I have already seen live. I'd like to see how they handle Zee Deevel, Agoraphobia (back up vocals), Leech, Made for TV Movie, Smile Lines, etc. I could care less about Here in My Room and Southern Girl. So, dude, chill out. Other people have opinions too.
i life
Hilikus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

i'm aware of the fact that sometimes, people have opinions. yours just happens to suck right now. the majority of the people here want the older stuff anyway. just be content with what they are giving you; a live performance of 20 something songs.
morrison 73
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

[quote="illuminationLE11"]Does any one else think that they should drop 'Warning' and replace it with 'Glass'. This is my only critisism. Apart from that the setlists have been spot on.[/quote]

I remember reading in an interview that Brandon really enjoys performing Warning live. I don't see it leaving the setlist anytime soon.
electronic renaissance
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

in my opinion warning is a poor song, one of incubus's worst infact, please note this is my opinion no backlash.
it has a good meaning, with good lyrics, but the dynamics and energy are just not there for it to be a good live song, something like deep inside or out from under would be much more appreciated my me.
Agoraphobia421
Zeta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good surpise would be tracks we would never expect. Crowded Eleavtor would be one that would be mad to hear. Also you cant go past Under My Umbrella and Out From Under. Anyway being there at the melbourne concert was superb and was happy with what ever song they played. Hopefully next tour sometime they will surprise us a little bit
illuminationLE11
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

I guess incubus play songs that represent how they're feeling at that particular time. For example, bringing back the song 'Idiot Box' may be their way of having a little dig at MTV for the meglomaniac video ban. Thats just my opinion.
FattsDMB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, and Dave Matthews fans get pissed off when they repeat 2 songs in back to bck shows. To them that is not changing the setlist enough
carolreine
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setlists are good.. the problem is that we always want to hear everything.

I think i had already asked it, but no response.. so does anyone knows why they don´t play Under My Umbrella live?

07.10.14 @ são paulo, brasil
07.10.15 @ são paulo, brasil
n0warefast2012
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would replace any song on ACLOTM with anyone song from MY or Science
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: