FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Incubus World Tour 2004 - Setlists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IncuKris
Familiar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough ACLOTM....definitely need Leech, Agoraphobia, Zee Deveel & Beware Criminal....I would like to have seen Pistola again but its alright since they played that at Lollapalooza.
morrison 73
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

they need to stay away from Morning View and Make Yourself. Focus on SCIENCEE and CROW.

Leech should end the show or Beware Criminal...Glass
undeniable dilemma
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish they would mix each set up, the same set it getting boring as hell, someone needs to tell them to play different songs, and some older songs, not necissarily (spelling?) Fungus, because they will NEVER, EVER, EVER play anything from FUNGUS EVER again. which sucks, but oh well
acrid ashley
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

did you see the MV tour?
youd think this was amazing if you lived through what was essentially the same set for over a year.

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."- Frank Zappa.
Motorzep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

Keep in mind something about the Morning View setlist. Yes it was indeed a static setlist, but it was also their biggest tour to date. Perhaps they wanted to perfect the same 20 songs give or take one ore two to be that much more tight.

I think 2000-2001 marked a period of time where Incubus felt the need to change up the setlist. Partly because they were an opening act (for 311 in 2000, and for sno core) so when you get 35-45 minutes, the same 8 songs get boring. In 2001, they had a "fixed" rotation. For example, on night one they'd play Favorite Things, Calgone, Glass, then the next night use Certain Shade of Green, Nebula and Deep Inside -- songs like New Skin & Vitamin at that point were guaranteed staples in the set.

And now we enter 2004: I think with the additions of Consequence (which made it's live debuts in 1999 but ceased afterwards along with Out from Under) and Idiot Box ( which to my knowlege ceased in 1998) to the setlist, Incubus is trying to revive some of their lesser played stuff.

I think when they begin recording shows is when you'll see at least some setlist changes. Who would pay for 36 bootlegs if it was the same set? It's not good marketing and considering Incubus' rise to the forefront, they know how to make good decisions.

As you know, other bands are also having all their shows recorded and sold shortly after in MP3 and FLAC files. DMB, Metallica, Phish, Pearl Jam and Primus to name a few. I've collected all the available Metallica shows from the soundboards and i can tell you that they have made some significant setlist changes nightly but 3/4th of their show are staple songs.
I think the nature of Phish, Primus and Pearl Jam allow them to create completly different sets every night.

The difference between say Pearl Jam and Incubus is that Pearl Jam can do an entire setlist without playing: Jeremy, Alive, Evenflow (aka the huge singles and songs that put them on the board) and nobody will give a shit. I don't think Incubus is ready to play a show without songs like Drive, Vitamin, Green, Meglomaniac, Wish You Were Here, Warning etc. They are staples.

So you have to assume that at least 3/4ths of incubus' setlist will NOT change this tour, and hope that the 1/4th remaining will keep fans downloading/buying.

Zep
moan.
Stellar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

morrison 73 wrote:
they need to stay away from Morning View and Make Yourself. Focus on SCIENCEE and CROW.

Leech should end the show or Beware Criminal...Glass

Are you kidding!? I would love to see MORE Make yourself songs incorporated into shows. I love that album, as with SCIENCE, but I think if people want them to play older stuff, they're gonna want SCIENCE, however you can't neglect songs like Priviledge, Make Yourself, Consequence, The Warmth and Out from under! you just can't!

I hope they play Idiot Box on Sunday night. I think I'd cream my pants Wink
Tuss_killa
New Skin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They i cant believe they arent playing GLASS... i thought it was a incubus classic.

Mark
just_ashley
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

i cant believe they arent playing the warmth given how much all of them love that song, as do the fans.
morrison 73
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

[quote="SicNotic"][quote="morrison 73"]they need to stay away from Morning View and Make Yourself. Focus on SCIENCEE and CROW.

Leech should end the show or Beware Criminal...Glass[/quote]
[color=green]Are you kidding!? I would love to see MORE Make yourself songs incorporated into shows. I love that album, as with SCIENCE, but I think if people want them to play older stuff, they're gonna want SCIENCE, however you can't neglect songs like Priviledge, Make Yourself, Consequence, The Warmth and Out from under! you just can't!

I hope they play Idiot Box on Sunday night. I think I'd cream my pants ;)[/color][/quote]

I have no beef with those songs.. this is a new tour. Besides we have been hearing those songs for awhile now. Great songs, but make some room for others.

Half the set can't be from Make Yourself.
televation
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and where the hell is CROWDED ELEVATOR??? consequence and idiot box is awesome because i've never seen those songs. but fuckin a...i would die happy seeing crowded elevator
Geckorlz
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

Yes Motorzep, every band has their staple songs, but wtf, that doesnt explain why they play EVERY song in the same ORDER even every night. I mean, every NOW and then maybe one or two songs different, but thats about as big a deal as it gets.

Incubus just isnt a live band. They are great live, soundwise. But they dont do anything new, there is no desire to branch out in different directions (aka musical wandering). How about a little improv? How about a little jamming? How about just changing your songs up a bit? How bout making it something else than a traveling jukebox?
Kevin Durant
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, they jam quite a bit i think.
Geckorlz
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

thats a no. see primus. or pearl jam. although i must admit, that live sony show was the best ive seen them yet, but the thing is, theyll do that same vitamin drum jam/guitar rocker every time.
spectre
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

bumping this. Keep it updated people Smile
Kevin Durant
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

aye, please people. keep this updated if you attended or know the setlist of a show. please make the setlist as accurate as possible. some of this info will go to concert chronology.

the date of the show, the city, and venue and any other cool details would be great.
Rich
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the concert chronology gonna be updated, cos, no one bothers postin the lists in here!
i life
Hilikus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: re: Incubus Setlists 2004 Reply with quote

Quote:
and where the hell is CROWDED ELEVATOR???

keep looking, you'll never find it.
stungate
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was updated today, 3/31. If anyone has the following setlists:

3/5/2004 - Osaka, Japan - Zepp
3/6/2004 - Fukuoka, Japan
3/8/2004 - Nagoya, Japan - Diamond Hall
3/10/2004 - Seoul, Korea - Olympic Hall

Please post them here. These are the only 2004 venues we don't have setlists for.

Thanks.

Stephanie
in coo bus
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melbourne:

megalomaniac
a crow left of the murder
the warmth
talk shows on mute
priceless
warning
idiot box
wish you were here
circles
just a phase
magic medicine
a certain shade of green
zedeveel
vitamin
pistola
here in my room
my girl

*waltzing matilda
are you in?
pardon me*

i think thats all i cant get it in order though
if anyone could i would be happy Smile
amanuel
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17 days left for me...and seriously and care which songs they'll play (cause all of them are good). I'm just glad that they are playing at first place...and I wish them a good trip to Sweeeden!! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: