FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Melbourne, Australia - The Forum - 02-25-2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNST
New Skin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Melbourne, Australia - The Forum - 02-25-2015 Reply with quote

WYWH
Anna Molly
Adolescents
Made for TV Movie -> Hello
Absolution Calling
TSOM
INNW
Trustfall
Wolves
AKTSUO
Circles
Promises
NTKY
SSLW
Drive
Pardon Me
Megalomaniac
----------------
The Warmth
ACLOTM

Edit: Missed TSOM

Last edited by CNST on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Surprised by the amount of songs from INNW. Not overly excited by this setlist, could do with out Circles, Kiss, Made for TV Movie and Promises more specifically. Much rather see Stellar, Warning, Have You Ever, Blood on the Ground, Make yourself or Rogues back on the setlist.
torres
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelger wrote:
Thanks! Surprised by the amount of songs from INNW. Not overly excited by this setlist, could do with out Circles, Kiss, Made for TV Movie and Promises more specifically. Much rather see Stellar, Warning, Have You Ever, Blood on the Ground, Make yourself or Rogues back on the setlist.

I'll take The Warmth as an encore over all of those songs though. Also, that streak of 7 songs at the end is pretty epic.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Warmth, and I'm glad they are playing it. Deservedly so.

But I grew really tired of Circles and Kiss. Promises I never cared for, Made for TV Movie is ok but I always thought that song was a bit bland.
Roger
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like they're going to switch things up night by night. I too wouldn't mind seeing the return of some different from Make Yourself and MV (Privilege, Make Yourself, Nowhere Fast, When It Comes, Clean, Have You Ever, Blood On the Ground, Warning, Under My Umbrella)

Too many off of INNW for my liking.

On the plus side, great to see The Warmth and SSLW
torres
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Brandon is the one who writes the setlists, I've lately been at the point of giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms of sequencing the songs, pacing himself, and maintaining a good rhythm. In terms of his own physical upkeep throughout touring, he arguably has the most demanding job in the band (alongside Jose IMO). The band needs songs that are easy to perform.

While other bands seem like they can, Incubus can't go balls to the wall for the entire 90 minutes every show. Brandon in particular would probably wear down if you made a song like Rogues a staple in the set.

This is where I think INNW songs fit in. It doesn't take a whole lot of energy to play most of them, so the band plays one of them after having played a number of harder rocking tunes.
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that If Not Now, When would not be the best choice as a staple either if we're talking about saving his pipes.

I trust the band play setlists that fit them and that they like playing most of all. And while no setlist will ever please anyone, certainly not my super-critical/cynical self, Incubus actually play pretty good sets if you look at the bigger picture. In 2011/2012 they varied quite a bit and played a good bunch of songs that weren't played for a while. The only Crow song they didn't play was Priceless, the only MY-song was Clean (outside HQ), and they had shows that had three SCIENCE-songs. In 2013 they played a few shows, but their selection of songs was pretty impressive. So all this bitching is relative. It's just that I'm a little sad that the two deeper cuts (or non-singles, whatever you want to call it) are almost always on the list: Circles and Kiss. They could easily be switched around.
bizkitboy1224
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this set list doesn't impress me at all.

Since 2009, they've done a pretty solid job of mixing it up with cuts from each album. This set halts that trend. It has too many INNW songs. Made for TV Movie is one of their most boring songs IMO. Circles and Kiss are two of the most overplayed non-singles. SSLW and The Warmth are amazing but I'm used to those songs getting played live so it doesn't feel like a special treat. Those are just some of the great songs I know I have a good chance of hearing when I see Incubus these days. I was really hoping this new energy was going to show in the set list, but I'm let down based on these first few shows. I know it's early though.

And not even one SCIENCE song...at least play a deep cut or two off Make Yourself/Morning View if they're not going to play anything off SCIENCE. They have to know at this point how much people love that album. One song for the fans goes a long way.
Dean Youngblood
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be honest that is a rough setlist. Not entirely unexpected I will say, but kinda rough.
torres
Privileged

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep most of the setlist in tact, but maybe change six of the songs. I tried to pick ones that were fairly similar in style to the ones they replaced.

Wish You Were Here
Anna Molly
Adolescents
*Stellar*
Absolution Calling
*Warning*
Trust Fall
In The Company of Wolves
*Magic Medicine / A Certain Shade of Green*
*Pistola*
*Are You In?*
Nice To Know You
Sick Sad Little World
*Dig*
Pardon Me
Megalomaniac
----------------------------
The Warmth
A Crow Left of the Murder
Jelger
The Fly Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've liked that a lot better, and could even do without acsog in that setlist.

I guess the way I look at this setlist is: It's 19 songs, and if I would've been at this show, I would've seen only three songs I haven't seen live before (TV Movie, Trust Fall, Absolution Calling).

I've been lucky with the setlists I've seen, but still there are a lot of songs that I haven't seen live yet that could easily be played. From singles like Dig, Warning and Oil & Water to deeper cuts like Have You Ever, Blood on the Ground, Make Yourself, Echo, 11am, Paper Shoes or Beware! Criminal.

We'll see what they play this Friday in Sydney. Still excited to see if this was just a mediocre setlist or they aren't going to get crazy this tour.

EDIT:

Check out this nice variation on Crow's middle section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDc5rrDtQg0
Mad Chemist
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelger wrote:
Would've liked that a lot better, and could even do without acsog in that setlist.

I guess the way I look at this setlist is: It's 19 songs, and if I would've been at this show, I would've seen only three songs I haven't seen live before (TV Movie, Trust Fall, Absolution Calling).

I've been lucky with the setlists I've seen, but still there are a lot of songs that I haven't seen live yet that could easily be played. From singles like Dig, Warning and Oil & Water to deeper cuts like Have You Ever, Blood on the Ground, Make Yourself, Echo, 11am, Paper Shoes or Beware! Criminal.

We'll see what they play this Friday in Sydney. Still excited to see if this was just a mediocre setlist or they aren't going to get crazy this tour.

EDIT:

Check out this nice variation on Crow's middle section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDc5rrDtQg0

Yoo, that half-time break down is tight! And then the She's So Heavy outro, nice touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: