FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Incubus-Online-View Forum Index  Log in  Register
Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wydrcvr
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

Who's all going?

I live in Peoria, and Incubus is by far my favorite band! I can't wait 'till Tuesday! It's gonna be better than the Morning View tour!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going. Its a bit of a drive, I've talked aobut it before, but I'm really looking forward to it. How many people does this place hold? I checked ticketmaster and there are only seats in the upper bowl left, so it should be pretty crowded. I've got pit, and it should be good. But its just me and my girlfriend.
wydrcvr
Familiar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnderMyUmbrella421 wrote:
I'm going. Its a bit of a drive, I've talked aobut it before, but I'm really looking forward to it. How many people does this place hold? I checked ticketmaster and there are only seats in the upper bowl left, so it should be pretty crowded. I've got pit, and it should be good. But its just me and my girlfriend.

I'm pretty sure when the Peoria Pirates (football) and the Peoria Rivermen (hockey) play their home games at the PCC, it holds about 7,500. But it will obviously hold more when the mosh pit is added. It's not a great venue, but it's ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the show is the day after tomorrow. I've gotta work till like noon and then its gunna be a loooong afternoon waiting to leave, and then finally driving there, but its gunna be amazing. You can count on me for a setlist, I'll write it on my phone or something.
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Show is tomorrow. It should be awesome. I Just looked at the drive I've got to do, and I'm a bit intimidated, but I should be okay. Anyone else super excited?
greenie
Zeta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone just getting back????
thats rad
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about 12:30 central time right now, I'd think people would be getting home by now. I have a feeling this is going to be a very good setlist!
Torso Jones
Hot Dancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

yeah cmon lets go, people on the east coast getting sleepy

rut row
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I had long drive home. Its 10 after 2 and I just pulled in. Tonight was intense. I'll post the setlist first:

Megalomaniac
Nice To Know You
Idiot Box
Just A Phase
Priceless
Circles
Wish You Were Here
Here In My Room
Drive (Piano and Bass)
Vitamin
Drum Solo with Ben Jose and Brandon and then just Jose
Everything an ebb (Everything is dead)
Pistola
a bit of Black Hole Sun, I think.I'm not quite sure. It wasnt the whole thing, but they launched right into
Made For TV Movies
Talk Shows On Mute
The Warmth
Stellar with the bridge a Police Song. I'm not sure which one as of right now. But it is 2 in the morning after a 3 hour drive. Brandons says "Most of that is by Incubus, but there was some Police in there." But after the Police they came back in and finished the song.
Sick Sad Little World with breakdown. The guitar wasnt as good as Wellington, but the whole band was doing the crazy shit right before they went into the regular solo
Certain Shade of Green with Kilmore breakdown. It was great. I'm not sure if it was the Whole Lotta Love.
---Encore---
Brandon comes out alone, on guitar and starts playing Spounge Bob Squarepants while singing along and then launches into
Pantomime. Each member of the band one at a time came back on stage during the only Brandon and his guitar and by the time the Mikey guitar solo started everyone was back.
A Crow Left of The Murder
Pardon Me
melted plasteel
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great freakin show!
American Underground
Zedeveel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'll continue my review here. I got to the venue a little more than an hour before Sparta was supposed to get on, and it was already pretty packed at the front. I got a bite to eat, bought a t shirt and got down to the floor. There was plenty of room at first, I was about halfway in and near where ben would play when Sparta started.

Everyone moved up a couple feet as soon as Sparta played. They play for 30-40 minutes and were just okay. Way too bassy, and I couldnt understnad a damn thing the vocalist said. Then after Sparta got off the stage, and they were setting up for the main event, people started getting bored and just shoving eachother. So the floor turned into a sea with an ebb and flow, back and forth. It was pretty funny, hot as hell and a little stressful, but I figured this was what I was in for. While this pushing went on, a huge push from the right came, and all these girls fell down. They started freaking out and screaming to get out of there. As they ran and pushed their way out of there, I noticed their shirts has stuff like "I'll be your Southern Girl" written on them. I stopped feeling bad for them after that.

Incubus came on, and the pushing and shoving had a lot less organizating and people were just trying to get the best view they wanted. I was with my girlfriend, Jenny (she posts as JustAPhase47) and at first it was hard to stay together because people were so phsyched about Megalomaniac. Everyone was screaming the chorus and it was just classic, everyone loved it.

It calmed a bit for Nice To Know You, especially during the verses, and picked up during the chorus, but people seemed to like it. After that, things started to settle in, the next few songs were awesome and I was able to see pretty well. There was some asshole in a Cardinals hat that was starting fight after fight, he was a real dick and he was shoving this girl that was trying to calm him down.

It went awesome especially at Vitamin, there were a group of guys behind me that just kept chanting FUN-GUS! And once Vitamin started, they shut up cause they were happy for any older song. No one knew what Everything an ebb (dead) was and me and my girlfriend were the only ones singing all the lyrics and everyone was looking at us.

Made for TV Movies made a lot of people happy, they were all yelling FOCUS together and it was pretty cool. Then came the Warmth and I was psyched up, I started jumping and yelling as soon as I heard the whale noises and most people didnt know what it was yet, but a couple of the harder core fans around me were just like Right on man! This is the best song ever. So that was awesome.

Then came Stellar, which was a huge suprise for me, I usually can anticipate what song is coming up, and I was ready for SSLW when they busted out Stellar, and everything was awesome and the bridge came, and they were singing this other song, and I didnt really know what it was, I just kinda went along and then they finished Stellar and Brandon told the crowd the thing in the middle was a song by the Police.

Then came SSLW and the same guys that were happy about the Warmth were happy for this. It went awesome, the improve solo wasnt as impressing as the Wellington, more along the lines of the Japan one, but the whole band was doing stuff by the end of it, Brandon on his bongos and everyone else just making a lot of noise, and then went into the regular solo which was awesome too.

Then came ACSOG and the FUN-GUS guys went nuts again, along with just about everyone else. It was an awesome bridge/breakdown and everyone was yelling KILMORE! by the end of it.

They left off stage for a while, and there were hundreds of people with their lighters out, just everyone yelling IN-CU-BUS or FUN-GUS. It was pretty cool. Then Brandon came out, did Pantomime and just like everything a ... my girlfriend and I were the only ones who knew what was going on, so everyone was looking dazed and confused. They finished up with Crow and Pardon me and it was awesome.

Other observations, apparently, Ben is hilarious. Countless times throughout the night I see him mouthing something to Jose Mike or Kilmore and all of them just laughing there asses off. It was cool to see how well everyone was meshing. Also, I had read a review that said the video screens from the MV tour were missed but I thought the lights were awesome, and did such a good job setting the mood for the song. I thought it was great. Thats about all for now, oh yeah, and on my way home I got pulled over for going 22 over the speed limit (150 dollar ticket) but got away with "not wearing my seatbelt" (50 dollar ticket) because I was trying to get home as fast as possible. That kinda pissed me off, but its okay, I've got 50 bucks. I'll post more later, thats all I can think about now. I gotta get up for work in a couple hours and I got another show tomorrow(tonight)night. So yeah, it was awesome, not a single dissapointment.
TM-686
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, sounds like you had fun. nice setlist.

-WILL-
bknollenberg
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

Sounds like a sweet show. If we get Stellar, Pardon Me and The Warmth tonight I'll freak out.
JustAPhase47
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone freaked out for the warmth. it was amazing.

JustAPhase47
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, the police song they played during stellar was "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"

roccobladr
Human Magic Marker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats really similar to the philly show..we got that police song with stellar too..our encore was different but u guys had ppl with all their lighters out too..pretty cool..i bet it was just as awesome as the philly show
AbucadA
Turbo Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome show, except for a certain shade of green. I'm sorry but ben kenney butchered that song. THat song is so bass driven during the verses and it was nothing even close to whats on the album. The song lost all its energy. I dont think ben knows how to play slap bass...

other then that freaking amazing show. A lil pissed security was so relaxed. Last year they were doing major patdowns and using wands on the girls. THis year all they did was make the girl do a spin. I coulda had my girl sneak in my recording equipment. But i figured it wasnt worth it cause of the security last yer.
Koolaid
The Karate Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: re: Peoria, Illinois - July 13, 2004 Reply with quote

Are you kidding? Ben does know how to slap. He choses to change a some of the parts to make them his own. I wouldn't want to come into a band and play the same parts as the old guy. Parts in songs are way too personal to the owner for someone to come play them exactly how the old guy did.
tool
Familiar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnderMyUmbrella421 wrote:
Thats about all for now, oh yeah, and on my way home I got pulled over for going 22 over the speed limit (150 dollar ticket) but got away with "not wearing my seatbelt" (50 dollar ticket) because I was trying to get home as fast as possible. That kinda pissed me off, but its okay, I've got 50 bucks. I'll post more later, thats all I can think about now. I gotta get up for work in a couple hours and I got another show tomorrow(tonight)night. So yeah, it was awesome, not a single dissapointment.

"on my way home, police car pulled me over..."
pflan
Azwethinkweist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing show. I think what brandon said about the police song after stellar was "That was an Incubus song arrested by the Police." I could be wrong. Also, did anyone catch what was written on brandons shirt? I only made out the Royalty and terrorism.

Maybe we deserve to be caged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Incubus-Online-View Forum Index -> That Side of the Floor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: